Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi every one just had spark but had problems with miles to empty says 206 miles to empty it should say about 427 can anyone help

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine does the same then changes once on a journey. Think it goes for worst case scenario

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
Hi JP, Welcome to forum. I dont have a Spark but seems pretty obvious from other Chevy model postings that the 'mpg to go' along with just about all other functions on the Trip including 'mpg achieved' is all very much hit & miss. The answer seems to be to use the odo set button at each fill up (or the old fashioned method of old envelope and pencil) and make a note of mileage and you'll get used to the approx distance your vehicle gives you per fill up.
Nice technology but in a word - unreliable!

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
It may well do a 'self correct' and work fine after that - within reasonable approximation, but dont bank on it as these forums seem to indicate it is more a Chevy generic problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would never rely on the miles to empty indicator, once you have done a few journeys you will get to know how much you have left by the fuel bars left.

·
Super Moderator
7,465 Posts
I wouldnt trygoing more than 45-50 miles max. Safe side is probably 30.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
has anyone had a chip for there spark it gives you 60 more horse power and better mpg i was thinking of getting one any thoughts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts