Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, maybe a stupid question but is there a difference between left hand drive and right hand drive mirror indicator??

Im looking to buy a mirror indicator passenger side for captiva LTZ 2012 reg (right hand drive), and on eBay only one I can find says that it fits left hand drive car only, is there really a difference??

Thanks for all help

·
Registered
116 Posts
If they are same as the series one then probably they are different sizes from the lhd. I bought mine online from Germany last year because the dealership was extortionate and I couldn't get the correct size on eBay. Unfortunately not sure really worth it at the moment with the poor exchange rate.
Link to previous post below, this was for a 2010 series 1 though...
http://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/captiva-indicator-repeater_topic4370.html?KW=

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
There sure is! Left hand drive vehicles have a shorter length (about 25cm), the Right hand drive (ie UK) one is about 26.5cm. Dont buy the LHD item. I did - doesnt fit - not long enough!I bought mine (the correct one) while in Australia last Christmas while visiting relatives.
You'll find more if you want to read it under the search tab.

Dont forget to add your vehicle details to your footer (like mine below) and you vehicle details will automatically be included in your posts so readers can identify.

Edited by: Aussie Ed

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a left drived car, the mirror is broken on the right side.Is it difficult to replace the glass?

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
There has been discussion on this incorporated in the previous posts concerning replacing the indicator strip. There was one post that mentioned there was a slot/groove underneath that when screwdriver inserted it released the mirror. I couldnt find this slot. My dealer removed my glass (which was unbroken) so I dont know how they did it. My thoughts are that a straight pull with a sink plunger would do it but with broken glass this may not work. The other concern is that the ball/socket/stem appears to be easily damaged. There are photos of the internal of the mirror on my post here:- http://www.chevroletownersclub.co.uk/forum/wing-mirror-indicator_topic5088_post24354.html?KW=wing+mirror#24354

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had my captiva in friendly garrage and we pulled off the mirror but the bit on back broke off a little,on the back of the indicator strip are 2 screws that are holding the strip, once i had that off checked the strip on the 12V battery and it was working fine so i just had a bad power connection, we have put it back together with the broken bit on the back of the mirror and it sits perfect in place with 2 white plugs for moving the mirror (sorry dont know how they called). im just hopping that it wont fall off ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Lucas said:
the broken bit on the back of the mirror and it sits perfect in place with 2 white plugs for moving the mirror (sorry dont know how they called). im just hopping that it wont fall off ;)
Mine had damage to the stem ball joint socket so to ensure it didnt fall out I positioned four small and very discrete 'blobs' of clear silicon (bathroom type seal) on the inner edge of the mirror casing.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Im still looking for a right mirror indicator strip for left hand drive car (Steering wheel is on the left).
seems like site from china missunderstands left and right hand drive and left and right hand traffic.
I tried to order one from chevrolet dealer but the part is not provided, you can order the housing , mirror , cover for mounting bolt but not the indicator.
It doesent make sense to be able to get the mirror strip you must order a complete housing 80 euro! so apperantley its a part.

Så im trying to find a right mirror indicator for left hand drive car (steering wheel on the left).
I managed to loosen the mounting screew closest to car with a screwdriver by inserting it in between glass and mirror and i think its possible to loosen the other one also.
Is so i dont need to remove the glass.

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
A-Man, I may have what you need ! Brand new unused. The one I have is marked LHD RH and is a genuine GM part marked as 96819768.
Please measure your indicator strip. Use a flexible cloth tape to follow the curve of the top edge of the indicator strip . Is it 265mm (+/- 2) .
Then measure the bottom edge , is it 230mm (+/-2).
ps: careful with the screw removal. There are three three screw bosses on the moulding and some vehicles have all three used, others only two.
If you remove two and it doesnt come away easily dont force it there may be one screw you cant see.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yesterday i measured the middle it is around 27cm so 26.5 on top line sound correct and 4,5 cm from top to bottom edge.
I bought one and i thought is was the wrong one and for a Right hand traffic vehicle, but the statement is RH "right hand" that its for right side on the car.
I will try to get the old one of for more accurate measurements.

·
Super Moderator
6,701 Posts
Tony, 27cm is the centre measurement I have. This one is specifically marked LHD (vehicle) but RH mirror.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts