Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all - have been tryingunsuccessfullyover last couple of days to get a dvd copied onto a usb stick to play in the Captiva. The movie will play as an AVI file but cannot get any audio even though using audio as MP3 - has anyone succeeded in doing this yet and if so can they suggest a dvd to avi software that will do this or what the copying settings should be?? Have tried several software programs but they are all the same video yes but no audio???

Thanks for any help

cheers
Keith

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I reckon everyone must have the same problem here - 64 views and yet nobody can suggest an answer to how you can get a movie playing on these head units????

Can anybody help????? its just one of those stupidly annoying things that yet should be so easy to do

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Flacky.

I copied an AVI TV show to an SD card and USB stick and played fine frombothin my Captiva.

I can't remember what I used to create the AVI, but there are lot's of tools available on the www.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help, but just wanted to confirm that all was OK with my system.

CBers.

Edited by: CBers

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a video with these settings that play fine

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 (XVID)
Resolution: 624x352
Frame rate: 25

Audio
Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
Channels: 3F2R/LFE
Sample rate : 48000Hz
Bitrate: 448 kb/s

Basically an XVID avi with AC3 audio.

What software are you trying to use to convert with ?

I am sure other formats work as well but I know this one does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers CBers

I have tried a number of web programs but still struggling at mo - its not that I am desperate to watch a DVD in a parked position with handbrake on especially in winter... it's just bugging me that its there but I cannot get it to work - maybe its a fault with my head unit/software which I guess would be a good bet considering its a Chevrolet
bring back my Audi MMI system which was a brilliant bit of kit and very much missed

Thanks for the reply tho - appreciate it

cheers
Flacky

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jester

cheers for the settings info - I might have mine wrong - was trying Mpeg4 (XVID) which worked but my audio was MP3 as the Captiva manual suggested but I wasnt getting audio to play.

Will take another look at the software and see if I can convert with your settings.

Was just about giving up all hope on this and admitting defeat.

Much appreciated

will get back to you with my results.

cheers for taking the time to reply

Flacky

·
Registered
180 Posts
Flacky said:
I might have mine wrong - was trying Mpeg4 (XVID) which worked but my audio was MP3 as the Captiva manual suggested but I wasnt getting audio to play.
Make sure you turn the volume up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers guys for your help - been away for a couple of days but gonna try these options today and hopefully get something to play.

Was hoping now the Man United players are driving around in these that Chevrolet might start upgrading these head units and getting some decent software on them - wishful thinking me thinks....

Much appreciated with theresponses

·
Registered
3 Posts
well the way i got mine to work in my 2011 captiva LTZ..
i downloaded 1click DVD fron theintrnet and that tried to copy my dvd to my desktop,but the copyrigh wouldn't let me.
so i downloaded DVD43 which loaded into the background when i restarted 1click DVD ad that got around the copyrigh thing,and copied the dvd to my desktop.
i then downloaded Prism video file converter plus,and when it was up and running i added just the video files to it and burned them to a usb stick selecting that they be burned as .wmv extensions
i tried .mp4 and .avi but they didn't work but .wmv worked just fine.
all the programs i downloaded off the internet were free.
hope this helps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts