Chevrolet Owners Club banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Pete, Well that certainly burst your bubble ! I like you would have expected better than that. I'm tempted to say there must be something wrong?
That is worse than I used to get from nearly two tonne of Captiva.
What you have also highlighted is the huge improvement from modern engines. My run-around now is a Suzuki Ignis mk3 and on town only use I get 45mpg, mixed 54/55, and on a steady long run 63/65mpg. Same ground clearance as the Captiva, rear seats which fold flat and can shift fore & aft for lots of rear legroom and plenty of headroom.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ed, I think my bubbles been well burst and I've been running on empty promises from that Matiz for a while now!
I've come to the conclusion that my old Daewoo Matiz 0.8 was a far better car than this 1 litre version.
Could be just that this specimen has been ill treated mechanically, so maybe not fair, but at the moment it's just got so many things against it that it'll have to go. I could replace the gearbox, but at the end I'll still have a car which gives poor economy, has a harsh ride and gives me electric shocks whenever I get out of it!
Looking at a Golf, Polo or maybe Peugeot 107/C1/Aygo etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a matiz 0.8 on a 56 playe with 102000.
Bought it on 68000 but soon had to spend a lot on new engine,alternator,brakes,and body welding plus starter motor but since been great.
The reason for spending is my love of its driving and economy and parking ease.
Keeping it as long as i can or live

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Robert, Welcome to the Forum.
Your intro could have been in the Newbies section.
The following link has helpful tips for 'Newbies'. You may find the sections on completing your Sign-Up location helpful, (forum system believes you to be in the UK), and vehicle details go in the 'Footer' or left hand data pane. This way they automatically appear with future posts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well the Matiz is long gone, replaced with a Kia Picanto 1.0 air which I've had for almost a year.
It's giving between 48 and 51 mpg on the same short trips the Matiz did. Not really a fair comparison since this is quite an advanced engine with 4valves per cylinder and vvt etc. The car's heavier than the Matiz though but uses electrical power steering (which will also help mpg) and lots of other comforts. I've also had to do a few jobs on it, and access under the bonnet is great, with lots of space, so better for my diy skills as well, a big plus. Oh, another plus, zero road tax...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts