Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down the road in my 2012 capitiva ltz 2.2 diesel manual 187 was driving like a brand car until, I got service light on dash then suddenly loss of power it seemed to be boosting at 4000rpm before total loss of boost but if I switch engine off and back on again drives fine for 5 mile before symptoms start again
Has any one got any ideas thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Wayne, there are numerous possibilities but the only way to narrow down what could be a long long long list on such scant information is to provide some Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
When you say service light do you mean MIL . How long have you owned the vehicle, what mileage, what service history.
Have you owned it long enough to be familiar with the vagaries of the DPF ? Numerous aborts of DPF regeneration may be a cause, as can softened collapsing air hose.

There is an entire library available to you via the Search Index go to Tools>advanced search>enter question>select Captiva.
However you will find dozens upon dozens of possibilities. Essential you come back with DTC's.

Where in the world are you? You didnt complete your 'Location' in sign up and as this is a Worldwide forum it is helpful to know.
Go to Tools>QuickLinks>Edit your details

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Wayne, I had a similar problem not so long ago and it took me a couple of months to solve it. Loss of power and service light at about 2000 RPM while driving downhill in engine break. Does this sounds familiar? Are we talking about the same problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Wayne, I had a similar problem not so long ago and it took me a couple of months to solve it. Loss of power and service light at about 2000 RPM while driving downhill in engine break. Does this sounds familiar? Are we talking about the same problem?
Hi dv88
I have the exact same symptoms. What did you find it to be please?

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Worth noting that Waynes original post mentioned he had 'Service Light' .

There is often incorrect description between 'Service Light' (with a Spanner in the icon) and Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL) with the engine shaped icon.

If the 'Service light with spanner' appears this is usually resolved by as the name implies - a Service of the vehicle. (typically oil)

If it is the Malfunction Lamp that illuminates, this indicates something more serious usually requiring prompt/immediate attention.

OBD2 codes are an important diagnostic necessity.

Dont rely on what caused someone else's vehicle problem - get your own OBD2 Codes diagnosed. Your cause might be different.

·
Registered
69 Posts
How did you solve the problem?

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Nanone, Member dv88 is no longer registering as 'active', so the chances of a reply are unlikely.
There are two points to note from this topics posts (i) the lack of clarity whether the earlier reference was for 'Service light' with the Spanner icon or 'MIL light' with Engine icon; (ii) There has been no reference given to Diagnostic Trouble Codes of any kind.
On virtually all modern vehicles it is vital for DTC's to be stated other wise replies are purely guesswork.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The service light (yellow machine with key) has turned on with accelerator on the floor and then loss of power, car in protection for a few kilometers.
Only an error code, P0101, MAF sensor, already clean and tested, is ok

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Nanone, The Forum back index has dozens of posts on P0101 (sometimes incorporated with other codes).
Type P0101 into the Search box to reveal them all. Plenty of reading !!
The following entry post #6 revealed a loose hose. Loss of Power and Service Light

1 - 9 of 9 Posts