Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some c**k in a huge lorry scraped down my rear quarter passing me in a country lane even though i was blowing my horn for him to stop, obviously carried on regardless, and i was actually stopped at the time!

not impressed

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hope you got his number!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could, or someone off here can if they'd like to, as I can't because its a taxi so I can't reuse it as a taxi

But someone else could if the want a 4 yr old car for whatever the insurance company wants for it

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
my mondeo got nudged by a truck on the A5/wall island not quite so bad, but being a taxi (well, private hire) and as the truckie wouldnt accept blame i paid £350 for a bodyshop to sort it, that meant i kept my NCB (worth £1200)

THEN the truckie tries to claim off ME!

I had to pay my renewal without any NCB and then try a claim of the trucky (how does a mondeo hurt a demolition tipper?)

Eventually I got it back and my NCB and now have protected NCB

Wht a 30 truck fleet felt the need to try for a grand off me is beyond me

My council never knew about it though

Just bought a 59 Eppy to plate

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You'd have thought so wouldn't you? My insurance company sucks, big time, bunch of f**kwits, I now however, have an in car camera for anything else that happens

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
BTW, for anyone reading, taxis/private hire insurance cane be anything from £800 (the lowest i know of) to £5000 (for a new starter, no NCB, new driver)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Mines £965, plus £100 to protect the NCB and £100 for £10,000 of liability as required by schools

ive now got the magic 5 years NCB.....

BUT (like a traders policy) you avoid claiming, my mondeo would have cost £1200 for a proper repair via the insurance and lost me £1200 at next renewal, £900 the time after, £400 the next time...

Edited by: Chevvychase

1 - 12 of 12 Posts