Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I,m hoping to purchase a Captiva from alocal car dealer soon. Salesman told me itis registeredas a2011 and was a demonstrator.
<DIV ="advertDetail cf">
<H1 id=fullPageMainTitle>Chevrolet Captiva 2.2 VCDi LT 2011</H1>
on sale for £18,000 and has 10 miles on the clock! (2 silver ones with the same spec have a couple of thou miles on them but same price?). Let me know what you think as to pros or cons on purchasing this vehicle as some people intimate that they wouldn't touch a demo!

DDD

·
Registered
997 Posts
With 10 miles on it, it wasn't much of a demo! It's preregistered, sold by the dealer to itself to make their sales quota. It's brand new, just registered some time ago. Remember the warranty starts when registered so it's not actually considered to be new by the manufacturer, but in essence it is. The price seems about the going rate for the spec and age. I've bought a number of pre reg cars in my time and have always thought that i got a good deal.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nothing wrong with buying an ex-demo, my last 2 cars have been, including my current Captiva.

Most demo cars are top of the range and have all the extras possible so you should get a good deal, especially as there will usually be a fair chunk off the price.

As your one is an LT it does sound like a pre-registered one so may not have so many goodies, such as sat nav, although some will say that that is a blessing in disguise

If 2011 model, is it a face-lift model, or the original model ??

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm guessing demo means it has been stuck in the showroom and people have sat in it, looked round it, but it has never been taken out on the road, except by the dealer to do some basic checks.
Pre registered as other people have said to achieve the quotas within a certain quarter.

Exactly same model as mine so no sat nav (not an issue for me although an issue for some with it if you look at other threads), half leather seats instead of full leather, no reversing camera and narrower wheels.

18k sounds like a pretty good buy to me, i say go for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just thought I'd add, My focus got stuck in a field today at a fair! How ironic is that? The one time I coulda done with a 4x4!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts