Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much to my surprise as anyone's I am enjoying my Cruze ownership. I had a query, so e-mailed Chevrolet, and surprise surprise got a verycourteousreply from Mark Cox himself. Diolch! (Ta in welsh)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
I have made so many complaints they do not reply to me anymore. Just had ABS sensor replaced under warranty. Which model do you have ? Goodbye Cruze Hello Kia Ceed '2' due Sept. 1.
Edited by: Disbeliever
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Disbeliever said:
I have made so many complaints they do not reply to me anymore. Just had ABS sensor replaced under warranty. Which model do you have ? three or five year warranty ? Goodbye Cruze Hello Kia Ceed '2' due Sept. 1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit of a strange car, designates as S but got some LS spec, actually quite pleasant to drive, and I can use the dexos 2 oil I have in future oil changes. Nice surprise, oil filter £5 air filter £9 (GM parts) fuel consumption so far 33mpg after brim to brim 450 miles. I like the seats, bit firmer than the epica. and steering much more precise. Dealer I bought it from was one of those who have "lost" the Chevy franchise, so a bit of a liquidation sale... 11 reg, £6900 was £14200ish list when new. Condition was as new, paintwork when it rained here looked the same as new paintwork. just over a year old it will do me till warranty expires. I have been hugely critical of Chevrolet in the past, but when things have been done, (and they have) I have also noted it and said thank you, same for dealer servicing and warranty work, ALWAYS take a big box of choccy for the girls at FRF or Howards, some wine for techie who sorted out immobilizer foc...

Have treated cars to servicing as required, but remember i have bought all of them at about 50% off at a year old, so budget motoring. (still got the aceo 1.4lt up in Ricky) Nice bit is insurance lower and ved lower. saved paying for the extended warranty £340 which would not have covered everything, and no DMF, DPF or EGR to worry about. When you get the ceed, send me a pm with an e-mail address and tell me about it, I like the new design, much crisper is my choice of words.

Edited by: Oldroverboy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Seems you got a very good deal. I got £7K for my 2010 Diesel auto 150 bhp Cruze 20,150 miles. Glass Guide only £5750-£6500 Parkers is more realistic. However I was paying £1200 insurance for the Cruze Diesel and will save £500 on insuring new Kia plus only £135 VED. instead of over £200. Saved £2600 on the new Ceed'2'. Most new cars are very much overpriced but I only buy new cars with latest safety features.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Disbeliever said:
Seems you got a very good deal. I got £7K for my 2010 Diesel auto 150 bhp Cruze 20,150 miles. Glass Guide only £5750-£6500 Parkers is more realistic. However I was paying £1200 insurance for the Cruze Diesel and will save £500 on insuring new Kia plus only £135 VED. instead of over £200. Saved £2600 on the new Ceed'2'. Most new cars are very much overpriced but I only buy new cars with latest safety features.
BTW Enjoy your Cruze you will find the roadholding & braking are very good. Check to see if your car comes with the Five year Warranty & 5 year Free Service. Mini only came with 3 year Warranty & 3 year Free service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Disbeliever said:
Disbeliever said:
Seems you got a very good deal. I got £7K for my 2010 Diesel auto 150 bhp Cruze 20,150 miles. Glass Guide only £5750-£6500 Parkers is more realistic. However I was paying £1200 insurance for the Cruze Diesel and will save £500 on insuring new Kia plus only £135 VED. instead of over £200. Saved £2600 on the new Ceed'2'. Most new cars are very much overpriced but I only buy new cars with latest safety features.
BTW Enjoy your Cruze you will find the roadholding & braking are very good. Check to see if your car comes with the Five year Warranty & 5 year Free Service. Mine only came with 3 year Warranty & 3 year Free service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, there is no 5 year service plan, immaterial given its cost, have oil anyway for 3 changes, (same as epica) ,2 oil filters and 1 air filter. services will cost me 1 hour + vat, negotiated. Upside is I know what oil will be going in there, because I am supplying it, not the cheapest possible variation that some dealers have been known to use. And as the handbook states oil changes at UP TO 18000 miles, (petrol models) there is room for interpretation on this in some peoples eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Hi Oldroverboy, Got my new Ceed 2 1.6 diesel auto despite a few niggles leaves the Cruze well behind. Have only done 500 miles but the engine and quality are far superior to the rubbish plastic in the Cruze. Despite not beiing fully run in the engine is quicker off the mark then the sluggish Cruze which is OK once the revs build up. On a 7 mile journey last night not much traffic the ave mpg display showed 57.4. On the first 250 miles I only got 36.9 mpg but no doubt this will improve I shall take an average over three tankfuls to confirm the actual mpg over my usual journeys. The powered foldback door mirrors are great enable me to get closer to the wall in my garage and also enable a much easier exit from the car.It is disappointing that there is no permanent engine temp gauge it is tied up in the Menu. No problem in reading the speedo in strong sunlight unlike the Cruze, Ceed also has space saver spare unlike latest Chevs and of course the 7 year warranty
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top