Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have actually two sets! Both as new (done less than 6 miles pdi drive only)

My dad bought his Captiva LTZ Auto 2 weeks back and we bought one a year ago

Both exactly the same as pictures show (19inch)

They cost a fortune at the dealers but we simply dont have enough space in the garage - too many MX bikes, race stuff etc!!

Open to sensible offers. Have been told worth in the region of £650 from a alloy wheel shop

If you'd like to get anymore info/pics etc just pm me or email [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
652 Posts
I assume you are after £650 each wheel & tyre.

If it was £650 for a set of 4 with tyres I could br interested. I know its a cheek, but if you don't ask you don't get :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I meant £650 for all four inc tyres.

Would have to collect or sort some type of courier given the weight

Going by your post you mustve seen the RRP at Chevy dealers!! Criminal!

I have 3 race bikes and my sons, plus jetwashers, generators etc I simply dont have the room

£650 for 4 tyres and alloys exactly as you see and I have two sets, one mine, one my dads (we have the same cars - sad I know!!)

·
Registered
652 Posts
That is a bargain, and interested.

Only problem is how to collect, and not sure how much carriage would be with a courier.

Perhaps you could pm me with your post code, or town so I could see how far away you are.

Would also like to know tyre size. I have the 2008 LTX model with 18" wheels (235 55 18) and not sure if that means I need spacers and all that stuff. If I did, unsure whether I want to go down that route.

I also assume, as you said about 6 miles driven on tyres, that all wheels are in good condition, no scratches, etc...

Cheers

·
Registered
997 Posts
Standard tyres for these wheels are 235/50/19, so virtually the same rolling radius.

The same wheels were on the very late mk 1 LTZ's, and as both models are the same suspension wise,I wouldn't think there would be any need for spacers. lwould love a set of these, but as I already have 2 sets of 18"s (summer and winter) my wife would extinguish my being!

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
652 Posts
Cheers Iain. Been rying to check out tyre prices for the 235 55 R19 and can't find any. Only one site gave tyres in those sizes and they are Hankooks, same as on the rims. Is there only one tyre manufacturer out there making this size shoe? Even checked out Kwik Fit and they don't offer that size as an option on their web site.

As fantastic as those wheels look, no good if you are restricted in the tyre come time to replace it, and find you have to dish out £220+ per tyre.... ouch.

Still interested, but must say my interest is waining slightly.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Iain, forgot to add....

You mentioned having 2 sets of 18" wheels, one winter and one summer tyre setup. I couldn't find winter tyres for the 18" wheell, hence went for a ATP this time. Saying that had no winter to talk about so don't knkw if they woud have been any good in the snow.

What winter tyre did you manage to get for the 18" wheel, as reference for next time.

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
KLR, Hankooks are the only make I could find in this size.Interestingly one of our forum members (omitted name for privacy reasons) placed same tyres/wheelson eBay twice just overa month ago and bidding stalled at £440,failed to reach reserve on both occassionsand were withdrawn.For us folk 'down south'Hankooks are okay. For northerners needing heavier tread pattern for harsher winter I can understandreticence in choice. For carriage of wheels/tyres there is chap on eBay under wheels/tyres who has a set rate for UK collect/delivery service. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Cheers Ausie Ed, useful info....

I assume "Assie Ed" as you are from Australia ? Maybe a stupid question. If so, being and Australian, assume you like rugby (again maybe a silly question).... Assuming all this. What chances to you give us Welsh of winning the up coming test games down under ....

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
Hi KLR,Not silly questions;contradictory as it sounds I am a pommie!! There is a strongAustralian link in as much wifes surviving family are there and we lived in Oz for many years until retuning to UK in late Jan this year - hence everyone here refers to me as 'Aussie Ed'. B*gg*r its cold and wet here; when the heck are we going to get some sun or were the 10 days in March all we are going to get?!
As for rugby I have to confess the Aussies in my view used rugby as excuse for thuggery and I lost faith in the quality of the game. For Welsh to win they will have to fight fire with fire

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well I hope my countrymen can fight fire with fire and pull off an elusive win down under. My heart says they will, not sure my brain is on the same page though.

As for the summer, guess those 10 days where it :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
KL, I got Marangoni Meteos, brilliant tyre, in 235/60/18, slightly bigger in rolling radius (although all it does is correct the speedo reading to the speed I'm actually doing), they fit a treat and make the ride much more compliant, so much so that I'm going to replace the summer tyres with the same size when they need done. Checked it with the insurance too and they have no issues with it, so it's a win all round.

mytyres.co.uk have 9 summer tyres and 23 winter tyres in 235/50/19, cheapest are the hankooks at £181 per tyre. Ouch!
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Super Moderator
7,469 Posts
Bigiain, Interested to see your comment about wheel/tyre dia correcting speed to what you are actually doing. This cross links in with my posting on April 30th about apparent contradiction between cruise control speedo reading of 70 mph and Trip screen reading of 66mph. I have 235/50/19" (standard Chevvy fit on my 2012 model). Have Chev failed to correctly calibrate for this diameter wheel. Which doI believe as correct the Trip orthe Speedo?
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
652 Posts
All manufactures manufacter an under reading in the speedo. Believe it or not it is to avoid a law suit in the case of drivers being caught speeding. This is why the police give a 10% +2 mph leaway on speeding.

By changing the rolling circum, you are just eating into the purpose built margin.

Have no problem with this, if the insurance is happy and it still reads the correct speed.

I usally check my SatNav speed as well as speedo. SatNav is usally more accurate.

·
Registered
997 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
All manufactures manufacter an under reading in the speedo. Believe it or not it is to avoid a law suit in the case of drivers being caught speeding. This is why the police give a 10% +2 mph leaway on speeding.

I usally check my SatNav speed as well as speedo. SatNav is usally more accurate.

That's how I know how far out it was before. Still reads1mph below true, previously it was 6mph below (and is again because I have the summer wheels on for now- with the weather the way it is they might not be on for long!)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not been on here for a bit. There's other tyre brands. Google is your friend ;-)

I feel £650 is a fair price, you'd be hard pushed to get a 18 or 19 tyre for much less than £100ea

If nobody is interested I'll just have to store them and when my 20 rubber gets low I'll switch over.

Im in no rush at all, I think one set have been sold which leaves just mine still available.

I had a think of courier costs too. If your within about 100 miles I could courier in my van if you can cover diesel

Cheers guys

·
Registered
652 Posts
Dean, I agree a very good price for nive alloys and nearly new tyres.

Think I will not bother though as distance to collect seems to be a bit far (Wales to Essex).

Plus I really want a set that I could get winter tyres for as I struggle to get winter for the 18" I alreafy have, so going up a size makes it more difficult.

By the way, I used Google againts tyre size you have, and only Hankooks came up. Not saying there aren't others, but first 3 pages of Google search couldn't find any, which worries me.

Again, real bargain for someone, but not me this time... cheers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thought id have another check see if anyone's interested? I would like to make some space in my garage. Only have the one set now. Managed to sort carriage through my brother's work so can send anywhere UK for free

On a separate note anyone had the new sat nav update thats just come out and if so whats your thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I would love to, but the wife would kill me....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts