Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My orlando LTZ at long last has arrived at dealer. Cannot wait to pick up. It has only been eight months scine I have ordered it.
[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I pick mine up tomorrow, cant wait
....a big shipment arrived on the 22nd of Jan so guess a lot of us will be getting our cars now finally.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well i picked her up this morning, LTZ (auto) 163 exec pack, first impressions the steering is very light and could of been better and drivers arm rest isuseless, apart from that i was very pleased with everything else, dont even feel the gear changes and is surprisingly quick off the line with a good turn of speed, the heated leather was very nice in this weather too and the sat nav seems to work fine. the sound system is of decent quality also. its seems a bit thirsty at the moment eating £20 of fuel in no time so hopefully that will improve

Overall happy, just about worth the 24k price tag

·
Registered
69 Posts
Oh those lovely heated seats, and after 3 weeks still finding things out and have to watch for wheel spin from an auto LTZ Orlando Auto with Exec pack watch speed limits and see the face on a BMW driver lovely to see. The Auto box is as good as I have found cannot feel the change just hear at times, have had a few interesting people asking about the Orlando, took from July 2011 be delivered middle of Jan 2012 so asked the dealer if I ordered another now would it be ready in 3 years time for the next change of car. The Orlando took Chevrolet / GM by surprise I think by how popular it has proved. Watch out for top up oil for the diesel engine check with your dealer as the stuff from Tesco / Halfords not good enough.

·
Registered
997 Posts
In terms of oil, the best deal is generally Castrol Edge 5w40 fully synthetic- cheapest at Costco- approx £28 for 4 litres, but the engine takes 6.2

·
Registered
192 Posts
Enjoy, can't beat that call from the dealer telling you your newcar has just arrived off the transporter!

·
Registered
8 Posts
You cannot beat a new car can you, the smell, the exploring all the gadgets, finding little niggles, disappointment with the MPG, realising the dealer may have told you a couple of porkies, but hey its new and the neighbours will be green with envy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What you need to do is compare it with your last car and you have a surprise when the Orlando comes out having everything and more than the last car. When you get people who come right up to your backend while driving to find out what it is. The dealer I got my Orlando was honest and told the truth even about the delivery problems, yes unusual a honest car dealer. Getting used to all the knobs and things and being aware to be gentle with the right foot as the power is something, also the cruise control really does the job for once when going down a hill with speed cameras on it naughty. I know its early days but at the moment Chevrolet have got it right and with a brand new model first time. Naughty me out did a BMW which tried to cut me up he will not live that down being out done by a MPV and a Chevrolet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
kevinhiatt said:
What you need to do is compare it with your last car and you have a surprise when the Orlando comes out having everything and more than the last car. When you get people who come right up to your backend while driving to find out what it is. The dealer I got my Orlando was honest and told the truth even about the delivery problems, yes unusual a honest car dealer. Getting used to all the knobs and things and being aware to be gentle with the right foot as the power is something, also the cruise control really does the job for once when going down a hill with speed cameras on it naughty. I know its early days but at the moment Chevrolet have got it right and with a brand new model first time. Naughty me out did a BMW which tried to cut me up he will not live that down being out done by a MPV and a Chevrolet.
I know what you mean mate, ive come from a BMW 525i and the Chevy (exc pack) has just as much kit on it if not more. speed wise its nippy off the line isnt it? lol, kept wheel spinning mine at first but got it sussed out now. love it so far, got used to the light steering now too, only gripe is my discs keep getting stuck in the cd player, end up having to pull the glove box out and take a fuse out so it will eject the dam things.

Love the fact know one knows what it is lol, gets a lot of 2nd looks well driving down the road and it drives more like a car than a big MPV, hardly any body roll and the 18's dont compromise comfort and look great too. really pleased so far.

Mines averaging 27mpg at the min, whats yours doing? (163 auto)

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Orlando is the LTZ Exec pack Auto 163 bhp, doing about 24 mpg at the moment but that is due to traffic and silly speed limits with the one road having cameras every 1/4 mile being kept to 30 mph when was 40 mph then a while at 50 mph when it was derestricted. Just pulled a large Ifor Williams trailer with 35 bags of manure in the car never batted an eyelid did not notice I was towing. Lets be honest the Orlando handles like a car not a MPV, what a car. The Brakes are fantastic as 2 runners found out as they ran out in front of the car from behind a parked car I just stopped dead. The vehicle had to be special coming late into the MPV market taking on the likes of Renault, Ford and Citroen in fact tried all before choosing the Orlando.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've never had an MPV before. Always hated them, figured MPV drivers had either lost their will to live or had no interest in cars.
My previous cars have included BM's, Jag's and even silly cars like a 350 bhp Lancer Evo. I traded in a Golf R32 for my Orlando because child number three is on his way. There comes a time when we have to grow up. I looked at the MPV's out there and was gob smacked at the cost. Yes you get a lot of toys but talk about over pricing.. And to top it off they all look the bloody same.
Then I saw the Orlando. Chunky, different, stylish even, but significantly less expensive than the other brands.
In the end I went for Chevy because of the looks. It's a good looking motor and there's no denying it. It's comfy, spacious and a lot more economical than the 3.2 ltr Golf.
Well happy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi KevinI have had my Orlando 163 hp for just over a year and done 14 thou, at least half towing a large caravan.
I have got and always have done 40 plus to the gallon, the more in town and lower gears the better the consumption. I have just driven from the UK to southern Spain totally and completely overloaded as her indoors considered it a shopping trip, I also traded my caravan to one 300 kg heavier. I got 24 mpg, never once managed to get into 6th.
I have never had wheel spin, because that is not the way I drive. Here in Spain they are everywhere even as taxis, you will be happy with it. Incidentally never had the DPF light come on.
Martin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts