Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I hate advertising spam like this, out of idle curiosity, I looked up how much I paid for a set of discs and pads for my Aveo about 2 years (20k miles) ago. £32 shipped. Current price from same supplier, £42, and I've been stopping successfully for the last 2 years.
Price from EBC, £180 + shipping. I must have missed the bit that says they are carbon fibre ceramic and gold plated too.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
Metro, I note your comment "I hate advertising spam like this,"
In fairness this is posted in the 'Vendor Member Section' and I'm assuming that there is a payment to the Forum to list there. We are not overly blitzed by Vendors ie AIB insurance & EuroCarParts (dead since 2019). There must be some costs in running the Forum (note: as a Moderator I receive no remuneration by the way and is purely voluntary). There is no fee to join the Forum so the Vendor section is a small irritation to bear.
The Forum does receive blatant Spam which for the most part you never see because I often delete it before the system releases it into the Forum system.
That said you have the right to express your view and if it were prolific and irrelevant I would agree.

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Metro, I note your comment "I hate advertising spam like this,"
In fairness this is posted in the 'Vendor Member Section' and I'm assuming that there is a payment to the Forum to list there. We are not overly blitzed by Vendors ie AIB insurance & EuroCarParts (dead since 2019). There must be some costs in running the Forum (note: as a Moderator I receive no remuneration by the way and is purely voluntary). There is no fee to join the Forum so the Vendor section is a small irritation to bear.
The Forum does receive blatant Spam which for the most part you never see because I often delete it before the system releases it into the Forum system.
That said you have the right to express your view and if it were prolific and irrelevant I would agree.
I hate advertising spam like this, out of idle curiosity, I looked up how much I paid for a set of discs and pads for my Aveo about 2 years (20k miles) ago. £32 shipped. Current price from same supplier, £42, and I've been stopping successfully for the last 2 years.
Price from EBC, £180 + shipping. I must have missed the bit that says they are carbon fibre ceramic and gold plated too.
We do not wish to offend anyone but as paid vendors on the forum, this would not be classed as spam and We know that many members like to be kept informed of the latest parts we release.

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts