Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my new Orlando on 22/08/11 with a delivery date of 29/10/11. I have just seen a couple of worrying messages about delivery problems.What is the latest update please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi graham1792.I ordered my Orlando in March this year and got it on 14th August. They told me it was down to problems gettingelectricalparts mainly engine management systems that are made in Japan, backlogafter the sunami!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered my over the phone unseen in Feb and got it 5 days later, before the official launch had the first in the UK.And yes I am also happy with the car so far after 9,000 miles, in Spain they use them as taxis.
Calling into the local garage here today as my handbook says first service 10,000 miles and the continental says 10,000 KMS

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am also happy with the car but I am have some issues with the fuel consumption relating to the Diesel Partical Fillter that is fitted on the Orlando. It is going back in the garage next week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the updates. It certainly appears to be value for money when you consider that a base level Astra costs more.Lets hope I'm lucky and get it when promised (or earlier).
Graham

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delivery date has been put back to mid to end of December now. I have spoken to the dealer (Stevens Vauxhall/Chevrolet of Crawley) and they have agreed that they will provide me with a courtesy car from 30th November as my 210000+ mile Volvo S60 is due for MOT and is part exchange on the Orlando. I am happy with this as a goodwill gesture on the part of Stevens but am hoping that it will only be a short term measure.
We'll see..............

Graham

·
Registered
380 Posts
dee dee,
please make sure that every 200 to 300 or so miles you are driving at a speed with the engine revv
ing sufficiently for the regeneration process to happen. I have an epica (same engine) and make sure it gets the thr runout as required. I hope your dealer explained this!

·
Registered
14 Posts
just got my orlando last week, settled for petrol as told diesel would be jan/ feb 2012 delivery due to engin managment chips coming from japan!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Was told by my dealer that production has just restarted for the Orlando, but when looking around for a new car all manufacturers were having problems with delivery and it was the Chevrolet dealer who provided a test drive in an automatic Orlando which I need since my works accident.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Oldroverboy.My dealer did not tell me anything. I have now done about 2500 miles and I still only get about 30 m.p.g local driving with a very light foot.
What should I be doing every 200 to 300 miles, is it to do with the D.P.F?

dee dee

Edited by: dee dee

·
Registered
82 Posts
It seems that we will soon have as many Orlando cars on this forum as captivas.
My orlando does minimum 40 to the gall according to my gauge on the trip and more on a run.

After 10,000 miles never seen any lights come on on the dash board, the car does as I ask, the consumption got better after a few miles, mostly I just go a couple miles into town and back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am hoping that the new Orlando will be here this week but am not too hopeful. When driving past the dealers on TuesdayI saw two newones in the right colour sitting in the yard. I spoke with the dealer and he informed me that these were both petrol versions but that he was hopeful that the car would still be delivered by the end of the month. I get the feeling that I will be looking for a very large parcel under the treeat Xmas. I live in hope........

·
Registered
48 Posts
DrTiny said:
just got my orlando last week, settled for petrol as told diesel would be jan/ feb 2012 delivery due to engin managment chips coming from japan!

Hi, what do you think of the petrol version? Is it any good to drive?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts