Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been having a chat with the dealer wanting to know where my new Orlando LTZ Auto is, told there has been a few problems with partsfor some models and the one customer has been waiting from February. The Dealer said ours should be in time for Xmas but did not say which year, when ordered in July for Oct was told it would be more like Nov. The question I am asking is why sell the models there is a problem with. The last Chevrolet I owned was a Tacuma which had rotton write ups but for the purpose I wanted it for was just right, tried to get another but not made any more. I did make an offer to the dealer to pick up the new car from the factory in Korea, I could do with a holiday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just been phoned by the dealer to say the Orlando is on the high seas and should be in this country by December 17th which is a Saturday in fact next Saturday so if with us by Xmas I don't know but more likely the new year. The problem is that besides what happened in Japan the Orlando appears to be a greater success than was thought by General Motors and caught them out, also unlike years ago manufactures don't carry vast stocks of unsold vehicles as did BLMC and Ford, and a close friend of mine had a brand new Fiesta once years ago and it had rust and when checked out its build history found it was already 3 years old.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have actually taken delivery of the vehicle today a red LTZ Orlando Automatic with Exec pack, looking through the handbook and it has more bells and whistles than the Citroen C4 it replaced. The new Orlando Auto you have to be careful pulling away its possible to get wheel spin, the only other time I did that was with a Renault Megane Auto. Cannot feel the car change gear at all which is wonderful and my wife says it is far easier to get into, but this is only the first day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome Kevin,Nice to see someone who has not got a captiva.
What BHP engine do you have I have had the Orlando auto exactly 11 months and have just had the first ten thousand mile service

I have the 163 horsepower model and has performed faultlessly for that time, hope by saying this I do not spoil the good record

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good stuff!! whats your first impressions of the drive? ive also gone for the Auto (163) 2 ships have docked at Bristol today carrying cars from South Korea so fingers crossed mine is on board. i went for the Pewter Grey, sat nav, leather and 18's

·
Registered
82 Posts
as I had the very first car to be delivered to the UK I had to take what was on the docks and it was the silver model which I am happy with. It was delivered to me before the launch. It is also the 163 with all the bits and 18s. I have dumped the rear seats and bought a spare wheel for it.

I have the same spec, the sat nav disc is only for the UK on the one I have and as I live in Spain I have had to buy more discs at £100 each which is a rip off

I get on average with town and duel carriageways 40 to the gallon according to the trip, do not brim it very often only when travelling UK to Spain and find a cheap garage.

You will be more than happy with it.

Martin

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My LTZ Orlando Auto Diesel has the 163 Bhp Engine, the colour of the car is Red, it has the Exec Pack, the problem is working out how to programme the Sat Nav as it keeps reverting to Bulgarian.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kevin,Go to config on the dashboard it is on the circular buttons and languages will come up press the right hand circular knob for select and just choose the correct language, and bingo

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kevin,Also on the sat nav you can set the MPH to KPH and have the sat nav in kilometres as well, all that can be done from the left hand stalk on the steering column.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh those heated seats the Orlando is a nice place to be especially in the winter, found you need a degree in computer programming, the thing is this is a brand new vehicle nothing before it so latest in everything. Annoying part is cannot put post code in as far as I can see but gives location so accurate in degrees, minues and seconds wow. But so far so good but I unfortunately remember a horrible car a BL Montego where every week it was you have not had the latest modification. But have a few cars from the GM Group over the years and so far have had 2 Chevrolets 1st was a Tacuma not a bad car did exactly want I wanted, thereare alot of badge snobs. With the Orlando everyone who sees it likes it including the vicar especially the Red, also it has the feel of a car to drive, the reversing warning is good, the auto change cannot feel it change so no crick in the neck job and seemed to wallow, the wheel spin from an auto is unusual only had that before from a Renault Megane Auto so I dont know what will happen with someone putting the 163 BHP to 190 with a chip, the acccelation is fast as it is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
KevinI have never had wheel spin, maybe it is the steady way I drive nowadays, might give it a try next time I use it.
I am about to drive the 3,000 miles to the UK and back towing my caravan, and yes we need the heated seats even down here in Spain

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am careful now as I gave the Orlando the amount of accelaration that I needed to pull off with the Citroen C4 1.6 Auto. Only did the trick once as I like to move with no acceleration just with engine on tick over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts