Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd stick my head in here and say hi!

After a short trip up to Bradford today, I am now (hopefully) the proud new owner of a Chevrolet Orlando 2.0 VCDi LTZ [Exec Pack] Auto ;)

We've been looking for a 7-seater for a while now, and after spotting an Orlando for the first time a few weeks ago, I've been on the hunt for a suitable one!

Ended up going for a pre-registered one, with only 50miles on the clock.

Just a short wait of 2-weeks until I can pick it up! Mind-you, that's my own doing, as we're going to be heading in that direction in a couple of weeks to pick the inlaws up from Manchester airport, so thought I might as well wait until then, rather than doing another trip up there next weekend to collect the car!

I've been an active member on the Seat forum for the last 10-years, so I'm hoping to find a nice new home here with you guys ;)

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked it up yesterday, and done 200miles in it already!

Enjoying the relaxed driving style of the auto, compared to my previous 'sports saloon'...... ;)

Not had chance to see what the MPG is like though.

General impressions are good. Plenty of toys etc. Need to have a good play around with the Driver Information System though, see what tweeks can be made!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Realised why the radio signal was soo poor on the way in to work this morning.... the aerial is missing off the roof-mount!! Email sent to the dealer for a replacement one!

Another slight iggle is the lack of courtesy lighting in the front, although I vaguely remember reading a post on here about wiring up the front reading lights so that they work off the rear courtesy-light function..... (goes off to find it....)

Edit: Found the post, and found a subsequent link to a French Captiva forum, here's a Google translation:

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...&sa=X&ei=z9-zULXFLcmN4gS-44Bo&ved=0CDAQ7gEwAA

Looks like a little project for one weekend I think.....

Edited by: andyjones_98

1 - 5 of 5 Posts