Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just taken delivery of my new Orlando on 1st March. I waited 8 months for delivery and the day I collected the car the garage told me they were closing down and a new franchisee had not been appointed. They are Thurlow Nunn in Norwich. I went back today for some help with one or two niggles and they were not interested. The technician that did try to help me got into trouble and was told he didn't have time to spend with me, he had other things to do. I decided to look for a forum to find some support. No one at the dealers understood the sat nav. Programming it is a pain I'm looking for someone who is used to it. It seems you have to know the Lat Long of your destination whereas I know the postcodes. Any one able to help?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi there Mr Bear!

The sat nav on the Orlando and Captiva are known for they're crassness. I was lucky enough to buy my Captiva before they were so fitted. I'm sure someone will be able to help you, or at least confirm that you're not alone!

Iain

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Polar Bear (your name's not Hugh is it?). That's just about the worst luck possible. Hope your nearest Chevy dealer now isn't too far away. However, remember you can take the car to Vauxhall dealers for warranty work - or so I believe. Can't help with your satnav problem I'm afraid, but good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The sat nav is easy, just let me know what YOU want to know and i will try to help. I have had mine over a year and I have used it all over europe, Co ordinates work just fine and we use ours regular and have no probs.The only problems is buying a disc for each country you visit and it can work out expensive.
Martin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I just got my Orlando this week (an ex-demo LTZ with Sat Nav) from Pentagon Derby. Absolutely love it and think the sat nav is very good. I also drive a 2006 Audi A4, with factory Nav and the orlando unit is much better than that!

The one thing i desperately want though is Bluetooth, so does anyone out there have any experience of fitting a Parrot or similar car kit?

I can see on the web that there is a wiring harness for the Orlando, but where the **** is the radio wiring, given that the radio controls are on that flip-up cover?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi,

I fitted my own THB kit in my Captiva, which is substantially similar. Getting the radio out is a pig, with lots of opportunity to damage fragile trim pieces. If I was you I'd go for a pro fit and let them take the risk.

Iain

·
Registered
9 Posts
captiva is nothing like the orlando radio, orlando radio have more in common with insignia, astra and cruze radios. Getting the radios out is a nightmare of a job

·
Registered
997 Posts
luliep

I appreciate that the radio is different, that wasn't what I said. The process however is similar, in that there are multiple pieces of fragile trim to remove in order to get to the radio unit to remove it- and it looks harder in the Orlando than it is in the Captiva, where at least you can do one side at a time. Like I said, and you seem to have agreed, it's a pain of a job and if I had to do it again, I'd get someone else to do it and save the hassle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Polar Bear,

Go to destination - city, put first 2 letters of postcode in
& numbers will appear to complete, postcode, hope this helps.

Regards,
Robert.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts