Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 08 Epica last week & have found a few problems with it.
Firstly, I noticed a squeaking sound from the rear drivers side wheel area which only appears after driving for a while. (My gut says its the wheel bearing)
Are the led bulbs in the wing mirrors user replacable? (Car came without owners manual so I cannot check)
The air bag light came on yesterday, any common faults?
Lastly does anyone have a pdf of the owners manual or know where I can get one?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi FF.... You will see from my posts on the epica the problems there have been with mine, but wheel bearings have not been one of them, but at 4 years old is a possibility. jack the wheel off the ground and try to rock it, but if you put it on a lift will be a whole lot safer! The bulbs in the mirrors are replaceable but it is best left to a dealer, but it can be done, never heard of an airbag fault. is it the light in the speedo instrument display or the one on the passenger side by the air vent? if a diesel make sure you use acea c3 oils 0w30/5w30 or 40 or 0w40. when you get a look at the brake pads, wheel off make sure you copaslip the edges of the pads. the rear suspension bushes can wear and squeak, but not on mine so far, touch wood! All things said and done it is a good car, am still undecided if i sell or keep at the moment.happy motoring! if you want any specific pages of the owners manual, i am prepared to scan a couple and e-mail them, but all of it would be too much. if you have any questions i'll read the manual and try to help. google epica owners manual, perhaps yu'll find something.

Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, it's the airbag light on the main cluster, I was initially concerned with the yellow airbag light coming on over on passenger side (when seat unoccupied) but figured out how that worked from reading a captiva owners manual.
It's a 2.0 petrol ls auto, could you check when/if the transmission fluid needs to be changed? & if the service book has a fairly compact service schedule printed in it could you scan it for me?
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the service log thanks. Car is fixed too, squeak was only a clip on a new brake pad, airbag light was reset & (hopefully) will not light up again. I got the Indicator in wing mirror replaced too, (it's a simple replacement 5 minute job)
Remove mirror glass, 2 screws & power cable. Indicator then pops out.
All done under warranty too.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Good to know, and on the chevrolet website there are pdf files of the current cars, so suppose you could e-mail chevrolet to ask if the epica file is available. Off to goodwood tomorrow for the festival of speed.Happy motoring!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw the PDFs on the website & was hoping someone here may have downloaded the epica one when it was available! I have it ordered from the dealer anyway, it costs ‚¬40 over here so is not too expensive. Enjoy Goodwood.

·
Registered
164 Posts
off to Goodwood eh? be nice to know if Chevrolet "llok after you", lol, suppose its just an entry ticket anyhow, also Goodwppd is literally just over the hill from me, should have gone really...........

·
Registered
164 Posts
rather than start another thread, are the front headlight bulbs easy enough to change? heard horror stories about Vauxhall vectra's, renault megane's, etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had to put in a dipped beam bulb & it is a simple job. screw off cover push retaining clip & remove bulb. Have not done a main beam so cannot comment on that one.

·
Registered
380 Posts
bidderman1969 said:
rather than start another thread, are the front headlight bulbs easy enough to change? heard horror stories about Vauxhall vectra's, renault megane's, etc
unscrew the plastic screws about a dozen of them that hold the flat plastic cover which is prt of the front grille and prise them out, bit fiddly, no need to remove grille cover, unscrew the 10mm bolts holding the headlamp assembly, and make sure you don't drop them. ease the headlight out from the indicator side and gently lever the radiator grille a bit, head light comes out easy, but make sure you have your legs aginst it while disconnecting the power plug, easy to drop. bulbs then easy to change. all in the handbook!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts