Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a lot of Spark owners about at the moment but need to say something.Had a 57plate corsair from new must av been made on a Friday afternoon.In 3 years had new clutch new management system um-teen relay replacement and finally a complete new loom.To go into a garage and see your car stripped to a shell is not a nice sight. All covered by warranty but not nice. Vauxhall service very helpful did there best.Out of warranty time to dump tempted to run away from Vauxhall .But given a VIP treatment to look round showroom and their it was The Spark and I ran out of the showroom shouting they want me to buy a car that fits in the boot of a 4x4 no way.
Looking on line it pop ed up a The New Spark with a 5 year deal.I looked and felt impressed with the deal but the car was very small after a Corsair and very basic from the Design model.Going back to the dealers
and having a test drive in sep 2010 .
6 months down the road I love my little spark its so nippy fast pull away 4 doors are brill for such a small car boot is ok for a medium shop drop the rear seats for a big shop no problem.
Brought the LS+ 1.2 deep red looks brill .I'm 6ft and fits like a glove quite roomy in the cab controls are basic but all do as they ask, good cd/radio, suspension is excellent Petrol yes £1.30 ltr 40+ round town and more on Motorway and yes it flys in the fast lane and best of all not been back to the dealers at all and when I do its all free for 5years say no more.
Luv it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi :)

It's great to hear how well the Spark works for you. I'm the same as you in the sense that I was more keen on the idea of a bigger car, but in the end a test drive of the Spark won me over! I put down a deposit on one almost 3 weeks ago. The dealer said it would take 10-14 days to arrive and it hasn't - well I'm not normally impatient but the tax and insurance both run out on my old car at the end of the month, and it's going to part ex so I'd be verrrrry happy if the Spark arrived this week as they're now saying!

I just love the look of this little car and I'm surprised I've only seen 2 of them on the road in 3 weeks of keeping my eyes peeled for them.

How long did your Spark take to arrive? What colour did you go for? (edit- just saw you got the red one
) I chose the flagship green colour LT model, but since ordering the car my friends are calling it 'bile green'. Oh dear

Also the one I test drove came with rear parking sensors, I don't think this is a standard feature yet I wasn't asked if I wanted it as an extra. Does yours have it?
Edited by: immie07

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear you are coming on board.
Mine arrived in exactly 10 ten days as they said.The Lt very nice. green also nice
Had parking censors fitted for free as part of a deal because of all the trouble had with the Corsair.
If you are PX your car for the Spark chase them up and ask for a spare car till yours arrives.
You will not be disappointed with the spark but be careful speed cameras every were its so nippy.
Let me know how you get on

1 - 3 of 3 Posts