Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
New onto this site, took delivery of my Orlando 2.0 VCDi LTZ 19 days ago.
Pleasently surprised how good this thing drives.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome to the site! I think you may be our first Orlando owner!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi. We initially went to the Chevrolet dealer to look at the Orlando and we had a test drive and liked it a lot but we chose the Captiva as it was an ex demo so reduced and we wanted the extra height as Spanish roads can leave a lot to be desired!

·
Registered
82 Posts
hang on I am the first Orlando owner, I registered over a week ago, I also have the same model but the auto. just do not have a tow bar fitted.Hi speedy what has height got to do with Spanish roads, I live in spain and find the roads great. The orlando has quite a high ground clearance.

Just bought a spare wheel for it yesterday just do not fancy the goo in the tyre, it only cost 145 euros wheel and tyre and took three days from order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, and Bopeep u must be the first owner, I would have liked the Auto as well but fuel consumption won on that, still happy with the car with the Nav and dealer installed Parrot kit as wel l

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Bo, where in Spain are you? As far as height goes both me and the missus prefer the visibility and I guess ultimitely preferred the looks of the Captiva. We do also seem to find some bad roads here on the Costa Blanca - we grounded ourancient Merc estate getting out of a carpark a few months ago and we have a couple of roads with dips that if you forget, will ground your car. Having said that, the Orlando is not a low car and I don't think we'd have been disappointed with one either! (But we love our Captiva!
)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi SpeedyWe live in Calpe just north of Benidorm we bought this time an English reg to tow our caravan, we do have a spanish car, but we now have problems with paperwork so an english car it had to be.

Hi, Al_g the fuel consumption is not so good towing but we decided that an auto is best with 6 gears because my wife's feet and hand coordination is not so good with all the gears so must be the auto for an easy life.
The sat nav is OK but it is UK and ireland only to buy another disc is £100 each country or part country and it is costing us mega bucks to get the european discs we need

The car is fine and runs well, we did look at a Captive but price was the deciding factor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Bo, you're just down the road - we're in Javea

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello Speedy we lived in Javea for 4 years, then 3 in La Xara illegal land sorted that one, and now in Calpe and still not legal.

Meet for coffee soonest, just say when and where we are fine anytime,

You must have bought from that helpful garage in Denia

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds good - The CBCC, Costa Blanca Chevy Club!
We did indeed buy from Antonio in Denia..actually we saw a white Orlando the day we went to look at them and he said it was sold.....maybe yours although I have seen a white one in Javea a couple of times this week. We have a white captiva.
Will get in touch!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys if im a betting man i think steve will be after the guy looking for the maps,he may have a link or info,for you both.

Spider41

1 - 15 of 15 Posts