Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,Just bought a 2011 Captiva 2.0 LTZ and "over the moon" with it. Ex Sales Managers car at local dealer, so came with 20" Irmscheralloys and side steps.
Had it a couple of weeks and love it already. Haven't had a chance to tow my 6 berth Bailey Pageant Bretagne with it yet but looking forward to it.
Was driving an auto Kia Sorrento before, so going back to a manual box wasstrange at first.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome to the fold Barry- I'm sure you won't regret the choice of the manual in terms of fuel economy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting 26.7 "round town", still haven't had a chance to give it a long run yet. Hoping to go to West Wales in a couple of weeks, so the results should be interesting. Far better than the old Sorrento anyway.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Great, glad you're enjoying it, we love ours. Been towing a light 1993 Compass with ours for a couple of years now, feels great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HI Dave, Ours is a 2007 Bailey Pageant Bretagne (6 berth). Looking forward to seeing how it performs with that on the back. We had the removable type of towball fitted, which sit quite unobtrusively under the bumper. The only problem I am having at the moment is with the satnav. I have a Garmin Nuvi which allows me to "touch" my current position and save it to favourites. The only way I can see to achieve that on the Captiva's is to write down the latitude and longtitude and then input them. seems to be a crazy way of doing things to me

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ah right, seems hard, we just use a TomTom unit, has the same 'save position' as your Garmin unit, useful on large campsites when we used to take the tent to the same place!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome aboard, Barry! Our Captiva tows very well indeed - we have a 2006 Sterling Europa 5-berth.

We're very pleased with our Chevy, both as a tow-car and everyday family transport - hope you will be too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts