Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen a recent post regarding there being nointerior light at the front just map lights, that has jogged my memory I was going to upgrade mine, its possible to pick up a supply from the centre light bring itthrough the head cloth void to the front fitting and fix wiredled bulbs next to the map reading bulbs areaso they come on in tandem with the main interior lights. when I do mine will post again giving more details, I think I will also convert the map reading bulbs to led's to make more room.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hi Al,
No need to convert the map lights- pleanty of space for led's around themand in fact what you could do is simply wire them into the door switch circuit, and not have to fit leds at all. If i had to do it again, that's tha wayI would go. there was a thread which had instructions which was very good- they would just need modifying to do it with the map lights.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iain, was going to post more details when I had chance to have a look, mainlygoing to check if it was OK to putthe map lights inparallel with the interior lights but want to check it does not cause problems when it back feeds the other way and the map lights bring on the interior, especially when the interiorsare fitted with over-run dimmers. If it is feasible was then going to swap the map lights for leds to cover loading and the fact thatledsare quite directional and would be better set centrally where the bulbs usually go facing the centre of the swirls in the diffuser.
Edited by: Big Al

·
Registered
997 Posts
I'm sure you can get led direct replacements which will plug straight in rather than fafing about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts