Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get service parts from my local chevrolet dealer, NO air filter or fuel filter in stock, did not bother to get oil filter as already had one, went motor factors half a mile away and they had one (blueprint) RETURNED FROM THE MAIN DEALER AS UNUSED!
All this bull**** about using original parts and the dealers are using pattern parts themselves.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ah, but it's their perogative. They are consumatey useless and would put me off buying a chevy again more than the cars, which are actually quite good. The local dealer here is so bad they make my previous experiences with Renault and Mazda seem brilliant, and they weren't!
My captiva is now out of warranty and will never darken their door again if I can help it.

Iain

Edited by: bigiainw

·
Registered
652 Posts
Agree... Dealerships are really bad...

I take mine to a local garage, but my "well documented" (by me) P02E1 error has stumped them as it is a GM proprietary code which no one can track down. I now have to go to a dealership as Chevvy customer support are refusing to explain what the code refers to. They said, Chevvy dealerships are the best to resolve the problem.... Great, it took them a month to change my wheel bearing. With that track record looks like I wont see my Captiva again this year

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess we are talking about the same dealership! Just had mine serviced at a networkQ dealers close to me who charged me the princley sum Of ....................................£92.50 inc vat plus parts (oil filter, air filter) oil supplied by me from opie oils. 6.5 litres motul dexos 2 5 w 40 acea c3 was £53......used daewoo/chevrolet owners club discount with username)
need to investigate n/s rear wheel bearing, but prefer to swallow the cost myself...

called chevrolet, secretary was "unconcerned" about non availability of service parts, even when i suggested that if they don't stock them they cannot sell them.

The car is so good it is incredible but let down by the WORST dealer service I have ever come across!

And that after 25 years in the trade...

happy motoring to all.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm actually trying another dealer this time... I explained the code and the symptons. They said they would want it in for a day to investigate first. When I asked how long they thought it would take, was told they dont hold all spares for all models, so need to investigate so they can order any replacement parts.....

Seems like it is a Chevvy thing... hold as little spares as possible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i personally refuse to sell non genuine parts, it either GM or not from my department, i admit that i hold next to nothing in stock for Chev, basic fast moving filters, wipers etc( all other parts are special order)but this is due to the mix of work the workshop see, Chev is less than 2% of the work we see as a dealer so i cant justify stocking the parts.
on the oil front how much was it with your discount? £53?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts