Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone..

I have an issue with the sound from my speakers -- (there is none)

I had the CD out to remove some 2p coins that my monkey of a son decided to put into the slot !!

Any way this all went well, i plugged the unit back into the dash... tested the CD perfect no problems had full sound output... the radio worked etc etc...

Then all of a sudden I heard a little pop from the speakers and since then "nothing" ... no sound at all but the power is on the the unit... the display lights up it all works ok ...

I tried the mute / no mute... but thats not it..

I am worried that I have broken the **** thing somehow ??? does any one know where to even begin troubleshooting this ???

It looks to me like ther is only a single fuse for the whole system (which is fine becuase the radio/CD is working)

·
Registered
997 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it was a fuse- there is no seperate amp etc. I think the wiring plug for the speakers may have fallen off of the back of the unit, giving the pop sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure where you mean... but I checked the 2 blocks that plug directly into the back of the Unit and they look fine... the wires that go into them also appear to be ok...

Are you talking about connections further away from the unit down towards the loom ??

Also can I confirm the there is only a single fuse (the 15 amp in the yellow holder) that runs the whole system including the speakers ??

·
Registered
997 Posts
Unless you have a different set up to mine, there's only the one fuse and if the unit light's up, it's fine! I'm not aware of another conection to the loom higher up either. Might be a time to visit a spark?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I thought as much... cant believe it... i thought I had it all fixed..

Thanks for the help anyway... off to the garage me thinks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts