Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet Captiva 2007 Diesel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I've been having a problem with my turbo and loss of power and the engine going into limp mode on my 2007 Captiva diesel. It seems to be an intermittent fault as sometimes when running short runs its works fine and I get pending fault codes but still runs ok. Other times it goes into limp mode almost straight away.

The codes I get are P0047 Turbocharger/supercharger boost control A Circuit low and P0299 Turbocharger/supercharger A Underboost condition.

We've changed the Boost control valve and checked the pipes and all seem fine. But we noticed this noise coming from around the turbo after turning the car off and if you turn the ignition on before driving.

I've checked the blades and they look intact and cleaned the filters. But now this noise has got me thinking it could be the wastegate actuator getting stuck but wanted to see if the noise was normal and that I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Link to video of sound

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Danford, There are innumerable existing posts on Turbo issues. Reading through previous discussions may assist you.
You can find these by using the Forum Advanced Search function. Go to the three white dots in the black header bar op right corner.

Some how you missed completing the world location and vehicle data sections in your Sign-Up. It helps readers if you complete these.
The following link has helpful Guidance and tips for new comers to the Forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aussie Ed. I’ve been looking through the forum quite a bit and used lots of the posts on there to get to this point. But I could t find any posts about noise for the wastegate actuator so thought was best best to share a video of the noise.

I’ve now updated my profile thanks

·
Registered
914 Posts
I heard the noise earlier but can't get the video to play now. Can't say I've experienced anything like this although throttle bodies and EGR valves can make strange noises if they're forced to cycle back and forth due to a fault.

Have you tried disconnecting the turbo actuator too see if the noise stops? Check out this video to see if it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks that is a really useful video. I've added the video to youtube so hopefully, you can hear it now. I will try disconnecting it and re-connecting it.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Danford, You mentioned in post #3 that you had updated your profile. Thought I'd let you know it hasnt registered yet .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts