Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day today working as a taxi, and the orange engine light is on, don't have the handbook with me either as I'm at work too, not sure wether to stop now and go home, not sure if it's serious

Better not be sign of things to come!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye, never had it before on any car, only done 500 miles in it so I'm not impressed at the minute, good job I bought it with a credit card, will see what they have to say on the matter too

·
Registered
380 Posts
invest in a gm code reader for the obd socket, just under the steering wheel, then one of the captiva guys will probably know the codes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much is one of them? if im keeping it for about 6 - 7 years, it may work out beneficial

got the codes read,<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.600000381469727px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255; "><br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.600000381469727px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255; ">P1446 (manufactures code, the garage didnt know what it was) and<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.600000381469727px; line-height: normal; : rgb245, 245, 255; ">P0089 (fuel pressure and reg)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, the lights come back on now, 400 miles later, so another email to sort this out if its the same codes

also, the "change oil soon" light has come on, 900 miles after they have supposed to have serviced it before i collected it!

was wondering, could they have

a) used the wrong oil. or

b) never changed the oil filter?

or should i start a thread in general area to see if i can target a larger number of chevvy owners?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another theory, again might be asked in general chat........

if when they serviced it, it didnt have the "change oil sson" can that just crop up when its mileage triggered? or does itanalyse the oil?

·
Registered
380 Posts
bidderman1969 said:
another theory, again might be asked in general chat........

if when they serviced it, it didnt have the "change oil sson" can that just crop up when its mileage triggered? or does itanalyse the oil?
it probably was not reset, but did they change the oil/filter or are the failed regenerations, he fault codes you mentioned before causing too much fuel to be dumped into the sump, which will trigger the change oil light!

Go and take the car back to where you bought it asap and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tempted but it's a 150 mile away, never knew that it could do that, strangely though, after a 60 mile cross country trip (where I am at the minute) the MIL light has gone off now on it's own accord, will report back later when I'm home to let you know if

I have a code reader on the way, thought it best to have one somehow, lolEdited by: bidderman1969

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
did this reoccur?

The lads Cruze had the DPF warning come on, i told him to take the car out and thrash it - sure enough it went off but it was under warranty and the garage had it cleaned

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it keeps coming on and going off on its own, no particular pattern to it, I just leave it tbh, let it just do it's thing, lol

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
ive got an EML on the Mondeo but thats cos its EGR is blanked, if i reset it i can go 200 miles before it returns, ill reset it before the new owner collects it saturday, she should be in Swindon when it comes back on

im giving her a diagnostic cd+lead FOC though

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
bidderman1969 said:
Yeah, it says it's "fuel injector pressure"
that could be the pressure control valve or even just the sender

Its a Bosch system int it?

have you changed the fuel filter?

Edited by: Chevvychase

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
the period of time when the engine starts after a filter change and the resulting low fuel pressure gets registered as a DTC...

but that shouldnt be your problem, maybe a partially blocked filter is causing it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts