Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my lovely 2012 ltz has now developed after 4800 miles and 4 months driving problems getting into and out of 1st and 2nd gears. apparently could be driver errror and worn clutch ? £480 to drop the gear box and check ??? ... then it could be the slave or 2ndary slave cylinders ?...

anyone with a manual ltz can share anything ?

·
Registered
476 Posts
If it was the clutch it would normallyaffect all gear changes, if its difficult to get out of a gear into neutral could be selector forks, the gears notsliding freelyon the shaftor the main bearings on that gear shaft.

·
Registered
476 Posts
just adding if it was the slave cylinders would show more putting into first or reverse at standstill.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about reverse which is close in the box. feels synchro'y a bit too, very crunchy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok my 2nd successful intervention with motorcode.co.uk the body that regulates dealers and manufacturers in the uk. The issue was indeed a slave cylinder leak that was extensive and mashed the clutch.

replacement clutch and assembly unit, in fact total replacement of entire clutch system and hydraulics inc slaves.

job done ... that folks is my 4th warranty issue in 5 months from new. I am not so sure about korean build ! but i still love th car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts