Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I've got problem on what oil filter is compatible to my 58 reg auto captiva. And where can i buy one. any advise will be greately appreciated.

thank you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi bigiainw, yes mine is a diesel. so this is the right one for me. In that case i will buy it.

many thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you're changing it yourself, the top of the housing needs a 27mm socket to remove it- I used a universal joint and an extension bar on my ratchet as direct access is blocked by the clutch fluid or brake fluid reservoir- can't remember which. The drain bolt in the bottom of the housing is 14mm I think- you'll need a flexible container to catch the oil out of the bottom of the housing and this is best done from underneath. Don't tighten it too much on replacement either, the bottom of the housing is alloy.

Have fun!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I suggest you buy the original oil filter from your chevrolet or vauxhall dealer. it is worth the bit extra for the peace of mind, most will give a discount if you are a forum member, or get one from barry franklin at Cresser Redditch,or ask your dealer if they will do a fixed price oil change. Evans halshaw were doing it for £79, but check that is with the correct oil! or if you are not over confident go to national tyres and they will do it for an all in price, about the total cost of the oil, they use a unipart or blueprint filter, and if you ask nicely they'll show you the old one after.
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
997 Posts
The "original" filter is a UFI filter in a GM box!

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Hi All, Just to furthjer clarify Bigiains web link for Captiva oil filter, this filter and thepost mentioning obtain from In line filters, does not suit the Series 2 Captiva - only the original model 2006 -2010 (+early 2011). I cannot find any online supplier (yet)who has a filter for the Series2.All usual suppliers have come back to me confirming not holding stock for Series2.

Aussie Ed

·
Registered
997 Posts
I was replying to Iceman's original post for his specific car. If it's a series 2, it's under warranty and needs to be serviced in a VAT registered garage to maintain this. It is, therefore, not something I'd be buying a filter for retail in any case. The filter for the series 2 is likely to be the same as for the hyundai santa fe, since it has the same engine, but like I say, if it's under warranty, it needs to be a garage job
Edited by: bigiainw

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Hi Bigiain, Yes realise that; but for anyone carrying out an intermediate oil change (inbetween the necessary warranty validation changes) then lack of filter availability is inconvenient. I didnt want anyonebuying from your web link only to find it was a different filter for the Series 2.Good tip on the Santa-Fe option. Thanks for that.

Auusie Ed

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you need one, Barry, the parts manager at Cresser from the forum is probably the best bet- Forum Name Bazzafranklin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts