Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go to Costco last night for a few bits, as I went in I was handed a leaflet with the offers in for the week. I noticed that the Castrol Edge oil was on offer. I went up and looked at what spec it was and ended coming to look on here for the spec. It works out at £6 per litre, I got 5 off 4 litre cans for £119.90. £23.98 inc vat per can. This includes a 20% discount. So I just need to get me a few oil filters. I have decided to drop the oil soon and then come May next year when the service is due, I can get the oil and filter to the garage for the annual service.

You can get 15 units per member so if anyone is planning on buying for the future, now is the time

I will post the full spec in a little while, after I have checked, there are others in this range as well.

Castrol Edge FST 5W - 30 Fully Synthethic - ACEA C3

Edited by: HandyAndy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also got 9 litres in Tesco a couple of weeks ago, reduced to £1.99 a litre, got the lot! (don't know why it was reduced) but asda and tesco have silly clearances sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Cruzetype, you have hit nail on head; just need to play the market for offers.I have been a fan of Castrol Magnatec for years and found that 5W-30 C3 (for diesel) can be a good deal. Always worth trying www.nielsensdg.co.uk and looking at their deals, that's where I bought my last four cans. Worked out at £21 per 4L delivered (some months backs) but doesnt beat your £8 for 4L which was a 'steal'
or a pricing mistake!
Just a reminder for all diesel engined vehicles with DPF remember to use C3 grade, helps keep the DPF a bit cleaner for longer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just moved on to superiorsynthetic ester based oils now that I don't have to be DPF friendly It is more expensive though. Got a deal on ebay £44.00 for 5 ltr can pay up to £100.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Hi Big Al, I thought part of reason for removing DPF was to save money; now spending £44 for a 5L
, I hope the engine appreciates it!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Went to OPIE for there advise, the new ester based oils are better on friction so giving more mpg and protect the engine at higher temperatureseven if you hammer it, but not advisable with the DPF because there are more enhancing additives in it that the filter can not cope with. SoI hope the extra cost will be repaidwith lessengine and turbo wear and more efficiency in later life.[also my mileageis wellbelow theservice requirements and with it being along life oilwith no diluting regenerations I can go a little over the year service intervals].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts