Chevrolet Owners Club banner

OIL........OR LACK OF

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bopeep 
#1 ·
My Orlando goes in to the dealer again on Monday. The sorry tale goes like this :
Had the car in for it's first service on 19 January. When I collected the car I was told they'd discovered an oil leak which required investigation. Booked in again for the following week & after investigation I was told there were 2 oil leaks, 1 from the cylinder head gasket & 1 from the timing belt casing, but not to worry, they were more 'sweats' than proper leaks, no urgency. So, not worrying, I booked in again. The dealer had the car for 3 days & I was given a courtesy car which (grudgingly) they didnt charge me for. A couple of days after the repairs (22nd Feb) my neighbour tells me it looks like I have an oil leak - he's right. I phoned the dealer & the car was booked in again. They couldn't supply a courtesy car until 5th March (which again they wanted to charge for), so after being assured it was ok to drive even with the oil leak I booked the car in for that date. However I subsequently checked the oil level & nothing showed on the dipstick. So now I am worrying, haven't used the car since & have bought oil to top up for my journey to the dealer on Monday morning. Will he rectify matters? We'll see........WISH ME LUCK please everyone.

#3 ·
Thank you Iain. Took car in this morning. Had only bought 2 litres of oil & that took the level up to 'minimum' on the dipstick. Still, I reckoned that since the dealer is only 10 miles away that would do. Got there with the engine still running & the oil light not showing - PHEW. Going to try to reclaim the cost of the oil when I pick up the car. Probably pushing my luck but you never know. Will keep you posted.
Bill.

#4 ·
Well, good news I think. Have had the car back for a week & a half and there do not appear to be any leaks. Have only done local running so far but am heading off for a 200 mile round trip today so we'll see how it goes when the oil is hot & thinner. Fingers crossed. More good news - I got a cheque from Chevrolet yesterday for the oil I had to replace. Well done Chevrolet UK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.