Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have a 2012 Orlando, lovely car despite the usually 82/84 errors, recently my parking assist stopped working, when selecting reverse it beeps, the parking assist light come on nothing else, I have checked the sensors and there appears to be no power to them. Any advise on were to look appricated, I have checked sensors and loom at rear all looks good there, but have no info on fuses, relays or position of control unit, The car had a new clutch a couple of months ago and had a tow bar fitted from new.

·
Registered
Orlando LTZ VCDI Auto
3 Posts
Hi J,
did you ever get your parking sensor issue sorted? I've just had the same problem with my 2012 LTZ Auto 2.0 Diesel. No info in the handbook about fuses etc

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
Gerry, Sadly this is the frustration of this Forum; so few questioners ever post the closure conclusions.
Generally speaking failure of reversing sensors is often moisture penetration or connector corrosion. The Captiva Forum has much more in the way of discussions and it may be worthwhile using the Advanced Search function to find those discussions which may offer you some guidance.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Generally Code 136 seems to be related to the parking sensors, sometimes just needing thoroughly cleaned out and polished to remove any traffic film etc but, as already said, also corrosion on the pins of the connector plugs.

Don't know whether the Orlando is the same as the Captiva but there's a couple of threads worth looking at

This one tells you how to diagnose which sensor is faulty and gives steps to remove rear bumper
Changing reverse sensor

And this one includes some pics Aussie Ed posted on how to remove the rear bumper
rear bumper removal

·
Registered
2012 Orlando LTZ vcdi
5 Posts
Thanks Victor. I'm guessing it could be the control unit as all the sensors seem to be functioning.
Planning do some more research.

Does anyone knows where the control unit is ! I found pictures for a captiva showing it above the rear drivers side wheel arch. I am guessing it could be behind the tyre pump kit in the Orlando maybe ???

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
WarrenPrice, It is customary and courteous to complete your World Location and Vehicle details when originally Signing Up. You've somehow missed these two sections. The following link will assist you in these and other helpful tips in using the Forum.

·
Registered
2012 Orlando LTZ vcdi
5 Posts
WarrenPrice, It is customary and courteous to complete your World Location and Vehicle details when originally Signing Up. You've somehow missed these two sections. The following link will assist you in these and other helpful tips in using the Forum.
Done (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts