Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.8 orlando petrol 2011 uk version

How do you turn off the service light
I cant find oil reset in the menu from the left hand stalk, it is not there
All that's there is setting 1,2,3 for changing the mph to kph
any help at resetting the light
on a code checker no fault codes come up for the car and it is driving fine
mileage has just turned 50045
i have looked at you tube but this has not helped as i dont have that menu on the dash board
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
877 Posts
You start off by asking "How do you turn off the service light" then you go on to say "I cant find oil reset in the menu".
Are you talking about the service light or the oil light?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Victor I am talking about the service light don’t know why I mentioned the oil light

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just have no idea of how to turn it off or what the peculiar process is needed with this model as the menu button is very limiting and no real options

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have read lots of post on here and on the web but none work on this car

·
Registered
877 Posts
The Service Light does not generate a fault code so it's not somethig you can delete with an OBD2 reader.

You might be able to buy a hand-held scanner from Autel or Foxwell or one of the others that can re-set your service light otherwise it will need something like OpCom or Tech2 or SnapOn Solus diagnostic equipment to reset it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hand held obd2 reader can be purchased on on line auction site but if you have a laptop you can also purchase the online version have fun chevrolet 2012 owner of the same make and model

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
which OBD2 reader works as i have a reader but the option of turning the service light off is not on the menu

Rick, Your question is answered by Forum Member Victor in post #6 which says "The Service Light does not generate a fault code so it's not something you can delete with an OBD2 reader."
"You might be able to buy a hand-held scanner from Autel or Foxwell or one of the others that can re-set your service light otherwise it will need something like OpCom or Tech2 or SnapOn Solus diagnostic equipment to reset it.".

As a new Forum Member dont forget to complete your incomplete Sign-Up info on your World location (believed to be UK?) and which year / variant Orlando you have.
Helpful info how to do this can be read in the following link :- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

·
Registered
2 Posts
which OBD2 reader works as i have a reader but the option of turning the service light off is not on the menu
My Service light is intermittent and doesn't always come on every time i just want to reset the service interval and cannot find anything that works.
I have been in touch with Autel and have been told that there [their] scanner is not suitable for my car.. any help???

·
Super Moderator
7,286 Posts
My Service light is intermittent and doesn't always come on every time i just want to reset the service interval and cannot find anything that works.
I have been in touch with Autel and have been told that there [their] scanner is not suitable for my car.. any help???
This has been answered. Read Member Victors advice in post #6 and post #9. (Are you having difficulty in accessing previous discussions?)
You will need a dedicated GM diagnostic scanner such as " something like OpCom or Tech2 or SnapOn Solus diagnostic equipment to reset it."

Your Sign-Up remains incomplete (see this link on 'how to' Helpful Guidance Using the Forum )
The Forum system believes you are UK based so the other option is to take your vehicle to a GM Vauxhall Agent where their diagnostic equipment should be capable of resolving this for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts