Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
Start with the basics.
I didnt have an Orlando but believe this is electronically operated. Have you checked for lose or corroded fuse in fuse holder?
What other basics have you tried such as has the catch plate moved slightly out of alignment. What about a light film of lubrication on the catch.

·
Registered
Orlando 2.0 deisal 2011
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Start with the basics.
I didnt have an Orlando but believe this is electronically operated. Have you checked for lose or corroded fuse in fuse holder?
What other basics have you tried such as has the catch plate moved slightly out of alignment. What about a light film of lubrication on the catch.
Thanks for advice wiil have a go

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 auto.
8 Posts
Can not open boot tailgate, release button doesn't always work could take 2 t0.6 goes before release is there any ideas were I start
I had the same issue, I purchased a vauxhall insignia tailgate boot switch repair kit off ebay for around £7……its a bit of a fiddle to swop the switches over…but worth the effort.

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Orlando 1.8 auto.
8 Posts
Haha how strange, my Orlando 2012 has just started with the boot switch being temperamental 😬
Ha…always the way…..The replacement I got just has 2 long wires attached to the switch, so I could cut and join the wires at a convenient point…..pretty sure I found a Vid on youtube.

·
Registered
Chevrolet Orlando Sport (limited edition)
19 Posts
Ha…always the way…..The replacement I got just has 2 long wires attached to the switch, so I could cut and join the wires at a convenient point…..pretty sure I found a Vid on youtube.
If at all possible I’d hugely appreciate any update once you’ve attempted it - I could take it to my mechanic, but I’ve vowed to try and be more competent with this stuff 😬😂

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
Do keep in mind that boot catches (especially the receiving catch) can work lose on the securing bolt(s) due to the constant 'thump' when closing, and if knocked just slightly out of alignment it will not close/lock/open correctly. Just do the positional check and the electrical check before purchasing a part which may not be necessary.

·
Registered
Chevrolet Orlando Sport (limited edition)
19 Posts
Do keep in mind that boot catches (especially the receiving catch) can work lose on the securing bolt(s) due to the constant 'thump' when closing, and if knocked just slightly out of alignment it will not close/lock/open correctly. Just do the positional check and the electrical check before purchasing a part which may not be necessary.
It definitely feels like the switch, the opening closing is fine. The switch however doesn’t always respond when you depress it! Luckily my wife is a locksmith (Not an auto locksmith though) so I’ll definitely be getting her advice and help if I go the self fix route 😊

If I discover any handy tips or tricks I’ll be sure to make a post about it.

Ed, would that post (any tips or quirks I come across) be appropriate in a fresh thread or would you suggest a reply here?

·
Super Moderator
7,867 Posts
If it is a tip about this topic then probably best to include here.
Other tips, tricks about other topics are probably better added to the existing discussion topic it might relate to ie if it is wiper related look up an existing wiper discussion add it there and so on. That way the helpful addition is included within the existing flow of discussion.
To find an existing Topic just use the Advanced Search function (three white dots to right in the black header bar). I hope that helps.

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts