Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Orlando I have had since January is a LTZ Automatic with EX pack, now has done 4000 miles but just started giving a sign of a code 76 showing an oil can which I took to mean needing oil, but should the code be 75 anyhow checked oil still ok. Then the Sat nav sometimes comes up with a GPS round sign with a red line through, but clears itself. Then today started to work in kilometres not miles and the height of map being looked at given in metres not the peculiar yard measurement it was using, tried to find out how to reset but it suddendly reverted back. Then at times put foot on accelerator and it just sits not wanting to go its as if the compressor has to speed up also I sound like a bus with a whistle. The other funny was a conversation with Quick Fit as its a Motability Car which as a car is ideal for our use, but the car developed a slow puncture, took it in to be fixed, the fitter said new tyre needed as it had a nail in and it was in a position on the tyre that they could not repair they looked on their computer for a new tyre and they had non in stock as its an 18 inch tyre so they repaired it ????? does this mean they are selling tyres that are not needed and a repair would work, it makes you wonder.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Check with your dealer if the car needs an oil change, perhaps after unsuccessful regeneration. Is your driving style ok with a good "blast" at high speed/high revs on approx weekly basis. The glory of diesel particulate filters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take it to the dealer for the sat-nav problem, but if it is just an oil change, ask national tyres to do oil only, no filter.. my lot here do it for me, cheaper than oil and filter change.
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car has a 15 minutes blast 4 times aday at 50mph have to watch speed traps all along the road pain in back side, I am always known for low flying and years ago was told I don't drive a car I aim it, thats the joys of working for a Engineering Consultancy for years, don't hang about so its not so much my driving style, I might be getting on in years but not a old doddering driver who incidently geton my nerves, attitude is just get on and do it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
sadly The point about regeneration is that the engine/catalyst/dpf all need to be sufficiently hot for a sufficient period to allow completion. perhaps a lower manually selected gear would help. In any case keep an eye on that oil level, in case it goes UP. In any case no critiscism intended, so happy motoring.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Concur with Oldroverboy on regeneration. Just had my second regen (first one smelt like vehicle was on fire - rubber & paint smell!). This second regen took 21 minutes, took it up/down the dual carriagewaybypassingtown - the shopping took longer than planned! Only way I could keep revs over 2,000 (recommended) was to shift to manual and drop two gears. It was inconvenient but heck it has saved belching out all that black cr*p you still see from old diesel vehicles. Doing my little bit to keep the air we breathe a wee bit cleaner. The DPF is there for a reason, guess we should live with it until better solution is found.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
380 Posts
Aussi ed, the required tine for successful regeneration is in fact about what you did, 20 minutes +/-. Generally i have to take swmbo once a week on a 23 mile 1 way that is 1 mile town and then a48 then m4 then 3 miles and often keep it in 4th for the first 10 miles a48, then onto m4 for a bit, generally does the trick.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That explains the peculiar smell at times, the cleaning thing don't show up to say it is, also is it me being paranoid but can tell the difference between the diesel from say ASDA, Tesco and Shell, but this was the same with petrol vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
Hi Kevin, Keep an eye on the dash panel for the DPF light. Yours might be different layout to mine but make yourself aware of what the DPF icon looks like and where it's position should be on dash panel lights. Mine took me by surprise
when happened. I have run 2,000miles between regen but guess it will vary widely depending upon driving conditions contributing to buildup. Hope everything settles down with the vehicle now that's done.
Aussie Ed

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I will have to go back to 1 hp my Mare who I see twice aday, this car the Orlando is great for horse things also good for carting things around for family especially my sonwho is getting married shortly, this car is a very good workhorse for this purpose. The systems on this car are so different as its my first diesel, but it reminds me of my old Vauxhall Victor Estate 32 years ago which is not a bad thing and the doors sound like a VW Golf sorry could not help that one, especially as I seem to have more Bosch parts than aVW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts