Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it was going to be a simple matter to pick up Lubrication top up oil for the Orlando Diesel Engine how wrong was I first the handbook not very helpful but with the references given Halfords and Tesco no help when looking at the what required, so went to the dealer I had the vehicle from straight to the parts department then guess what it was not listed then they found out reference numbers but not exactly grade so looked in my handbook which told them the same as myself 5/30 but after a few phone calls found the right one, the computer system needed updating because of that soot burning thing thats been added to all new Diesels, the good news was I had 5 litre for £24 as a sale on otherwise £48 eek. gone have the days of GTX from Halfords.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes 5W/30 but its the other specs which matter cannot just use ordinary 5W/30 as some will cause problems as it has to conform to the manufacturers specs and if wrong stuff used will not be covered by Manufacturer if engine fails, always be safe than sorry. I know a pain but the stuff supplied is a fully synthetic oil.

·
Registered
997 Posts
For the DPF it needs to ACEA C3 compliant, which is rare. Are you sure it's 5w/30? The Captiva with the same engine is 5w/40.

Iain

·
Registered
380 Posts
you can check your oil requirements at the castrol or opie websites, or if you want give bazza franklin a call at cresser in redditch, and he will supply parts and oils AND give you a useful discount, postage via collect plus, you go to the collect+ website, pay, download the label and then e-mail it to bazza (barry) and he will get the parts dropped off to the collect + depot very close to him, and your parcel is trackable, you will get free texts advising you when it arrives at your local pick up pont. Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts