Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have p0069 and p0087 on my orlando, it kicks out alot of black smoke when accellerating and loss of power. does any body know of a suitable garage in the bristol ares that can help me, thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
7,658 Posts
Mike, Now you are in the correct Forum section can I remind you you need to Complete your Sign-Up ie Bristol - UK? (There are several Bristols in the USA) and full details of your Orlando ie year, engine variant etc.
Details how to do this is explained in this link:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

Having owned your Orlando for some 4 years I'm tempted to suggest that your first step would be to take the vehicle to who ever you have been using to service the vehicle during this time. (You have been having it serviced havent you ? :unsure: )

I'm going to assume you have looked up the code descriptions which have a clear definitions. From your description of 'black smoke' I'm also going to assume your vehicle might be diesel (hence completing your vehicle details are important). Black smoke is typical of unburnt fuel, and loss of power is often low fuel pressure / incorrect mix ratio. These two codes combined would possibly imply to me that you may have insufficient air input making the fuel too rich and as a consequence the low fuel pressure could be an attempt to reduce this richness. There is the possibility of course of a chicken & egg situation.

Virtually any decent diesel engine mechanic should be able to interpret the cause. You can use your pc for locating diesel mechanics in Bristol and on the assumption you are in UK Bristol there are DTM, Bristol Diesels and Ashley Engines plus others.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts