Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have an orlando 1.8lt auto on bank holiday monday 4/6/12 the gearbox exploded as i accelorated to overtake another car on the m62 there was no warning prior to this like loss of power or anything the car itself is only 5months old 2011(61) with 7013miles on it. Now chevrolet are debating weather or not to write it off has anyone else had this problem

·
Registered
380 Posts
I assume chevrolet are replacing the box, not the car? Look on the bright side, you are safe, if a bit shocked. tell us what happens please....
Edited by: Oldroverboy

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had this happen in a Renault Megane Sport Automatic suddendly stopped working and I held the traffic up going into Birmingham, in this case was a known fault and was on hire cars for 3 months and ended up with a Suzuki gearbox being fitted by Renault and while the car at the garage it was broken into and the bonnet was unscrewed and stolen, hence no Renault anymore a bigger load of rubbish thanBLever was. Hope everythinggets sorted and its a one off as I have the auto box in the 2 litre Diesel.When my auto packed upthe enginespeed inscreased but car did not move then suddendly didkangeroo jumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts