Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm looking to order an Orlando LTZ 2.0 Diesel Auto in the next week or so, just wanted to hear what any owners had to say about it first. Unfortunately the local dealer (Chev/Lookers Yardley) doesn't have one for me to test drive, they only have the same model but in manual, but I wanted to try the auto as I'm sick of manuals for now, plus the last new automatic diesel I drove (peugeot 3008) had an awful lag in gear change.

I've driven many automatic vehicles but this one had the most dreadful delay in gear change & I'm hoping its not a common thing in diesel vehicles. When I say delay I don't mean high revs before it changed, I mean as it was changing from gear to gear there was sufficient lag to have a cuppa! But not whilst driving of course..

So I'd like to hear from owners oranyone that has test driven/hired this model as to what they think of it please!

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Brindley at Wednesbury had a LTZ Orando Automaticfor me to tryas I had also tried Lookers Yardley not helpful, the test drive was so good we put one on order thought a lovely vehicle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The awful gear changes that you have experienced is that peugeot and citroen in some of their models use a semi-autobox which could never do a smooth change if it tried in auto mode, also dont know if true but have been informed that thesegearboxes need changing at 25000 miles. The pure auto box I have at the moment in the Citroen C4 has problems at times deciding which gear to be in giving a crick in the neck. The Orlando autobox I found to be extremely good and did not notice any gear change but the USA have more experience in this type of box.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did not try the dealership in Halesowen but was happy when found an automatic I could try, as unfortunately need an auto as my licence was changed to Auto's only due to a works accident no feeling in left leg.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kevin,

I bought a new Orlando auto in February sight and test unseen and I am fussy with autos,

But I have to say with now 10,000 miles on the clock with a good deal towing a caravan and one time 18 hours non stop driving ( Toilet and coffee except ) from the UK to Spain I find it very difficult to even detect a change of gear.

You have to get to over 60 to get into 6th but 5th is just as economical, I get just tatting around at least 40 to the gallon and one 150 mile stretch according to the gauge 53 towing of course is a different matter.

So have no worries it seems to me to be a good gearbox

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the insight bopeep, I've located an automatic Orlando in Cambridge lol so I might try to head over there when I get a chance. I'm thinking either the ford galaxy which is a manual or this auto Orlando, the galaxy has more space but the Orlando is diesel and an auto, but I'd be waiting till at least march or April before delivery :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts