Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Canada, recently purchased a 2012 Orlando 2.4 LT. I am having a difficult time finding rear shocks and front complete strut assemblies for it. I've looked everywhere that I know of with no luck. I would like to purchase new if possible, but if used is my only option i'll entertain it. Please help! Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Toonpopo,
All Chevrolet owners - especially UK & Europe - are in the same situation since 2015 when Chevrolet withdrew from the market.
This Forum is unfortunately not a parts sourcing facility.
Your best possibility is to try the USA market for Chevrolet parts. Particularly try eBay.com (USA automotive parts).
Registering with Breakers Yards is another option but these will inevitably be pre used.

·
Registered
2011 CHEVROLET ORLANDO LTZ J309 [MOTOR: F18D4]; 5-Speed Manual
16 Posts
I live in Canada, recently purchased a 2012 Orlando 2.4 LT. I am having a difficult time finding rear shocks and front complete strut assemblies for it. I've looked everywhere that I know of with no luck. I would like to purchase new if possible, but if used is my only option i'll entertain it. Please help! Thanks in advance
I recently had a very difficult time finding parts and eBay was a great source of info because it allowed me to cross reference part numbers as a lot of sellers will list it. I'm surprised Canadian Tire doesn't carry them as they usually have a great selection. Are you in the Toronto area?

·
Registered
2013 Orlando, 2.4 liter, automatic.
3 Posts
Have you tried rockauto? I use them regularly and if the parts are not too bulky or heavy the shipping to Canada is reasonable. They have a great website and lots
of choice. Also they give prices in Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
2013 Orlando, 2.4 liter, automatic.
3 Posts
I emailed Suspension.com and asked if they have a complete strut available for Orlando. Response is if they get enough people asking for a part they will make it.

Caroline Lynch <[email protected]>
9:40 AM (32 minutes ago)
to me
Caroline replied
Nov 15, 8:40am
Hello,
I see that you sent us a new product suggestion.
I am sorry we did not have what you were looking for, it appears of the brands we carry that part is not one that is offered yet. However, I will pass this information along and now that we have your contact information we will notify you in the event this part does become available.
Thank you for your suggestion and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
P.S. We send this information to the factory to help motivate them to develop these products. That being said, if you have friends or family that also need this part made or another one that is not listed, please have them fill out the same form. With enough input from our customers the factory can make a better decision on what products to create next.

·
Super Moderator
7,566 Posts
Encouraging that there are still companies willing to listen to potential customers needs but........... if they do their homework on the potential market it will be revealed that the Orlando was not a big seller in motoring statistics anyway. With GM withdrawing completely from UK/Western Europe and cutting back coverage elsewhere, the future parts market in this instance is a shrinking one. Who in their right mind would consider the cost of producing a product or part for a shrinking market? I dont think so. That's my take on the situation. Never the less it is interesting information.

Reactions: Cris
1 - 6 of 6 Posts