Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Does any of you have a copy or a link of a 2011 chevy orlando service/repair manual? im trying to fit a drl and would really need the manual first before doing so.

Thanks. much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,924 Posts
There is a big difference between a repair manual and the owners handbook. The latter is available if you go to www.mychevrolet.eu register and then go to owners area > download manual.The current site only lists years 2012>2014 but I suspect year 11 is hardly any different to year 12.
I very much suspect that the owners handbook (manual) is probably not going to have the info you need.
You might have more informative info from a manufacturers web site such as :-
http://www.philips.co.in/e/car-lights/daytime-running-light.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, here is a link. It´s a torrent and even if I personaly don´t know how to download it, it could help.http://bitsnoop.com/chevrolet-europe-tis-02-2011-q27875233.html

·
Registered
2012 Chevrolet Orlando (once I purchase it officially)
4 Posts
Sorry for necro'ing this thread, but the search bar didn't show up any relevant results, so I was wondering what big service intervals I need to be aware of ahead of purchasing my Orlando, (do not have the paperwork yet to look in the book). It's a 2012 ORLANDO LTZ VCDI AUTOMATIC.

·
Super Moderator
7,924 Posts
Hi Nic, The 'Vehicle Manuals' link is still active in the Main Message Centre via Advanced Search. The link you require is here :-
Select Year(2012)>select Orlando. Servicing details are on pages 237>245

·
Super Moderator
7,924 Posts
Nick, In addition to the above information you should endeavour to ask the seller (private or dealer) for the Service receipts. These will tell you a lot. A 'cant find them or didnt keep them' type of answer should raise an amber light with you as to whether regular (or even special issue) servicing has ever taken place and you need to assume it hasnt.
Additionally, this vehicle is now 10 years old so there are items which are time age based rather than mileage based. Typically 'rubber based' components especially a model with a rubber timing belt and auxiliary belts (along with tensioners). Drive boots for tears, full filter changes for air, pollen filter, oil and fuel filter. Evidence of grade of engine oil used. Thickness of brake disks remaining, wear thickness remaining on brake pads. If you are considering the diesel option be aware of DPF 'frustrations' often experienced on low mileage use vehicles. If you are considering the automatic you will probably need to have the automatic fluid changed if there is no evidence that this has ever been done. It might be worth while getting an AA/RAC vehicle check undertaken.

If it is from a dealer, double check what warranty (if any is offered) and read it thoroughly. Many are only 90 days and have more 'holes' (get out clauses) than a colander.

I am going to assume that you are sufficiently aware and done your homework that there are NO Chevrolet service agents now in UK/Europe since GM closed down the UK/European network in 2015/16. So you need to establish from where you are going to obtain parts from and who will be able service it and parts in the Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire area?!

At the end of the day only you can decide on whether it is a good deal based upon the mileage, service history, etc etc and the price. Generally GM Chevrolet vehicles are increasingly hard to shift so if it suits your use be prepared to be bold enough to knock any where between several hundred to a thousand pounds (or more) off the asking price. Good Luck buddy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for all of this, the model I am honing in on is a diesel Manual model, was serviced last May and had all of the above filters you mentioned changed along with the oil, which I have already seen photo evidence of. The surprising bonus is that one of my employer's customers, (I work in the paint and bodyshop consumables supply industry,) is actually the garage that has carried out the previous 4 services, so a quick phone call this afternoon confirmed he knew the car well and confirmed the owner is meticulous when it comes to his cars, (he owns a very nice Nissan I am told). It had a replacement clutch in December, the old one was worn but still had many more miles left on it supposedly, also had new discs and pads around a year ago which i'll see on the paperwork tomorrow when I view it in person. I need to check the status of the timing chain as that is due in a year/20,000 miles, but other than that, this may be the cleanest one I can find for sale. The fact it is in the same city is another bonus, but I was prepared to travel for the right vehicle so not a deal clincher by any means.

·
Super Moderator
7,924 Posts
Nick, It sounds to me as if you have found a 'rare' good example of a vehicle with a good service pedigree.
Apologies for throwing a lot of 'think about' items at you.
Over to you to endeavour to do a deal. Bear in mind my earlier remark about Chevrolets falling out of favour in the sales ranking. Still worth twisting the sellers arm.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the contrary, I appreciate the fact that you have thrown up all of the "think about" items, they are good reminders to stay grounded and question everything when going to purchase a used car. It is so easy to be swept up in "new car fever" and find loads of issues after the honeymoon period dies down. To that end, I am considering purchasing a 3rd party warranty for 2 years, which is being quoted at £414.75 for 5 star coverage including turbo, aircon and ABS, (listed as additional extras)

·
Super Moderator
7,924 Posts
Extended warranty is a good idea.
I had Warrantywise, first class service. some warranties throw up several restrictions for vehicles over 10 yeas old so examine the small print.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts