Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Orlando Service Interval is only 10000 miles so watch out as it comes around very quickly especially when other makers push the boundries of servicing to 20000 mileswhich seems too much. I remember the first service at 1500 miles then 6000, but saying that even earlier I was doing my own service at every 3000 miles and those vehicles are collectors items now (Morris Minor Series 2 1954 803cc). I still cannot believe such a heavy large Diesel vehicle as the Orlando is such fun to drive, and even Top Gear had nice things to say.

·
Registered
56 Posts
AND... Make sure the oil grade and viscosity is marked in the service book ie: 5w30 c3 dexos 2. save yourself some potential problems...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember the old days with a Morris Minor Series 2 with an 803cc Engine split windscreen 1954, service every 3000 mile, oil change done even done on rear axle, gearbox as well as engine, then changing points, oil filter, plugsas well as washing out the air filter that looked like a coco tin everything you could do at home also remember for all the wrong reasons those trafficators which came out of the side of the vehicle, even changed the brake linings on the brake shoes. Now all impossible except filters and oil top up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is very easy to change the discs and pads on our cars (orlando and cruze) paper element air filter easy to do, no need to change other oils or top up as no leaks on driveways due to felt seals...... I will however leave the cam belt changes to the experts. same for water pump, drive belts, but increased reliability is good for me. Yes i miss my moggy, but the cruze is a whole lot better in many ways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts