Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there experience 'knocks' from their suspension, both front & rear?
My Orlando is a joy to drive on motorways, but unfortunately 75% of my driving is in town (you're aware no doubt of the current state of our roads). I'm finding that on anything other than a smooth surface the suspension makes clunking & knocking noises which completely spoil the otherwise reasonably satisfactory driving experience. I did some independent research & was advised that there were potential issues with the stabilizer end links and the front strut bushings. I asked my Chevy dealer to investigate & am told there's nothing wrong and, like the Captiva also, it's a characteristic of the Orlando. Can anyone comment or advise please?
Additionally, and again the dealer says 'nothing wrong, it's normal', I get metallic 'clicks' when taking my foot of the accelerator (sometimes) and when releasing the clutch (sometimes) The noises seem to be from the transmission tunnel. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cant say ive noticed any knocks on mine and its on the 18inch alloys too, its a 2012 reg though so only done a few hundred miles so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a Captiva and notice the occasional knock from the front but it's rare. Yours sounds abnormal to me.
Ask your dealer to come out with you in both your own car and a demonstrator and compare. If yours is noticeably worse, then they can't really deny there's an issue.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sydney, the knock is almost certainly the anti-roll bar links at the front of the Captiva- I knjow, I was that soldier!

Iain

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I'll keep you posted. It's got to go back in to the dealer again anyway. Had 2 oil leaks which were supposedly repaired last week. They had the car for 3 days & wanted to charge me £12 per day for a courtesy car. Following discussion I got it FOC though & got my car back last Wednesday evening. But guess what? Yup, got it in one - I've got an oil leak!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts