Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Chevrolet captiva 2009 LTX VCDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a new problem with the CRAP tiva. my dpf warning light came on yesterday so I check the exhaust system and found a big hole in my flexi pipe. So I ordered a new one and changed it simple enough. But the dpf warning light is still on and won't clear. Any ideas scratching my head.

Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Are you using a GM compatible scan tool to carry out clearance of the code? It may 'self clear' after numerous on/off operations of the ignition. You could try removing the negative battery terminal for an hour or so. If you've had a prolonged hole it could be that the DPF will need to be run through a 'forced clean' .
You dont say what your vehicle mileage is but on age your DPF could be nearing end of its usable life.
Try a can of DPF cleaner first.
Just for clarity; I'm not quite sure when you say flexi pipe do you mean exhaust woven flexi or the air feed?

·
Registered
Chevrolet captiva 2009 LTX VCDI
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a update....... Changed the exhaust gas temperature sensor and the dpf warning light cleared its self after around 5 ignition starts

Th

·
Super Moderator
7,144 Posts
Just a update....... Changed the exhaust gas temperature sensor and the dpf warning light cleared its self after around 5 ignition starts

Th

Good to have solution feed-back. So often we never know because posts arent closed off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts