Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help please my parking sensors have gone up the spout there is a warning light on and when in reverse bleeps 3 times fast then goes off,
i noticed during all bad weather we had the rearwasher has stopped working which i can only presume the washer pipe has split with the hard frosts. my only concern is the whereabouts of the parking sensor module is it immersed in water somewhere in the boot along side the split pipe.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
997 Posts
Strangely, my parking sensors have started with a solid bleep[ the minute I put the car in reverse- I suspect dirt or water might be the culprit but it's too dark and too cold to check it out tonight! Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Not sure where the parking sensor module is, but suspect it could be something simple like dirt on the external sensors.

As fr rear wash not working. I have experienced the same problem, only the pipe came loose in mine inside the car, and the lining had to be partially removed to fix it. Also caused damage to auto dipping mirror, but I have gone on and on about this on other threads so wont continue my moan here.

The first place to look for loose pipe on the rear wash is right at the tailgate itself. I had mine come off here to, and have been told this is a common fault, as it works loose when the tailgate is opened and closed.

Youi need to remove the high level brake light, as the rear wash nozzle is fitted into that. If the pipe has come free you can see it and put it back on. This is a fiddly job, trying to hold the cluster and attaching the pipe, so someone to help is useful.

I had this happen to me last summer, when I used the rear wash and noticed water dripping inside the boot from around the top of the tail gate.

As for the pipe splitting, it is highly unlikey, as they are very flexible rubber pipes with a lot of "stretch" and should cope with expansion if the water did freeze. However, the down side of being so flexible is that they do work loose.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for your reply this is most helpful, i will have look straight away it does sound like the pipe has come off in the tailgate area.

Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankyou for your reply, i think one of the senors mayhave water in it don't fully know yet what the implications in testing them are.

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interestingly enough i am starting to get the same issue with the parking sensor. It does not happen all the time, and i have checked that the sensors are clear of grim and dirt etc. So if you get anywhere on this issue, please update on the forum

Not sureif it isrelated, but the front windscreen wipers have also been acting up. Not returning to their default position or sometimes not working at all. They seems to be all ok at the momentEdited by: Dodger

·
Registered
997 Posts
I had a look at my sensors today- it's not dirt that is causing my solid tone- still the same after washing it-and the sensors are too difficult to get at to do anything else without removbing the bumper, so it looks like the dealers for a warranty visit- I need them to start the process as I've got rust on the tailgate at the ends of the handle like many others, so at least I can kill the two birds with the one stone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well my parking sensor has started playing up. First it gave a solid tone always when reversing, then it beeped constantly when reversing and showed the warning light on the dash and now it seems to work sometimes and beep constantly other times. It is going into the garage on Friday to be inspected. I did try cleaning the sensors when the probelm first started but it made no difference.

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you're having issues with your sensors, there is an easy way of finding out which one is playing up. Simply switch on the ignition until all the warning lights come up, then pull the handbrake on and off 4 times within 10 seconds and the sensors will self test. The usual reversing bleep sounds once for the left corner sensor, twice for the middle left, 3 times for the middle right and four times for the right corner (all as you face the back of the car from outside).

With mine it's the left corner- I suspect water! Heat gun and WD 40 here I come (not at the same time I hasten to add).....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can anyone help please my parking sensors have gone mad, I have had my car for 3 years and each winter the same parking sensor breaksdown, I have spoken to Chevrolet Customer Care as my warranty has expired and they advised me that there has been no reports of parking sensor issues and I would need to book the car in to the dealers costing over £80. My window wipes have gone mad and I have since been told they need to be re-programmed costing £42.00, more money a cost I dont need does anyone else have the same problems and if so have they spoken to Chevrolet.

Regards

Angela

1 - 11 of 11 Posts