Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 LTZ captiva. Over the last couple of weeks my rear water jet has not been working. Yesterday the park assist warning light came on and none of the sensors are working.
I have read previous comments about sensor failures and that the bleeps indicate which sensors have failed. I am getting no bleeps at all and as having an electronic handbrake cannot try the pulling the handbrake on several times to get the bleeps as some have stated previously.
Today I removed the rear quarter panel and reconnected the washer tube however am wondering if the water leaking from the disconnected washer tube could have affected the sensor module. I believe that this could be in the line of where the fluid may go.
Any thoughts or recommendations pleaseEdited by: Colin8836

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Colin, As I have a 2012 model yours may be different to mine but I want to establish whether you actually have 'park assist' (which is recognised as the automatic parallel parking function) or whether you are meaning reversing sensors. Either way it is possible that fluid leaking from a blown connector of the rear wash may well have affected the electrical connections. You dont say, but have you checked the relevant fuse for that circuit in case that blew as a self protect function?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is just the parking sensors.
I have had a look at the reversing sensor module which comes apart easily and it is dry inside however the foam around the wiring loom was damp.
I was trying to figure out which fuse it was as not obvious, looked at some I thought that it may be and they were ok. Any idea which fuse it could be.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
I can only go by the indicated fuses in the respective covers. You 2013 might be the 'revised' Series 2 so you will have to go by the guidelines for your variant. There should be two locations (i) engine bay , (ii) drivers footwell by central cover.

Suggestion : it you put your vehicle year/variant/auto/manual data etc etc in your footer (like mine below) it will automatically appear under any future posts which helps forum members identify.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My vehicle should be the same as your own as it was early 2013 before the facelift.
I have looked at the manual etc but as everything if abbreviated I cannot figure what fuse it should be. I have looked at a few fuses At the drivers footwell but not tried any inside the engine compartment which I will be doing now.
Will try and add my vehicle details as suggested

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Colin8836 said:
everything if [is] abbreviated I cannot figure what fuse it should be.
/QUOTE]

Abbreviations like Rear Wpr (rear Wiper) ought to be a good pointer. There are items on pages 6-33 & 6-34 (if your handbook has different numerical pages you may have to adjust your page search) this lists items such as Rear Wpr, Holp Washer, Htd Wash, Frt Wpr ; which are all possibilities. Go hunt them down is all I can suggest.

Tip: if you pull fuses in the footwell area I would suggest that you place a duster or other cloth at the base of the fuse recess so that if you drop a fuse it will not fall into the void below.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tip, I have looked at the abbreviations and can't figure out which one it should be. I think that I will just pull them all one by one to check them. The fuse might not have even gone knowing my luck.
Hopefully if that's the case then it might dry out and be ok. Will see how I get onEdited by: Colin8836

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to give an update.
Now the rain has stopped I went to pull all the fuses and discovered that the warning light had gone. Checked the sensors and 2 out of the 3 working fine. The offside did not appear to be working however I am not getting any fault bleeps when put in reverse.
It seems that my thoughts may have been correct and that the water from the leaking rear washer had got into the wiring at the module and now that things have dried out it is working again and the warning light off.
I am hoping that the offside wiring is maybe not dried our fully and that in a few days will start again.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have a 2007 3.2 captiva and have the parking assist on in the dash, and 3 beeps going random when i put it in reverse.
Wish sensor should i check?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Put the car in reverse with the ignition on, engine not running
, put your ear against each sensor. You should hear a buzzing from each. If none are buzzing, it is the system further back. If only a single one is not buzzing, then that is where your problem lies.

The buzzing will be quite high pitched. Each sensor is individually wired to the control box, so it is possible to have a dry joint in one as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It seems impossible to find an Genuine GM sensor on e-bay.
only china no-name stuff.

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
Here in the UK the answer for genuine GM part is to go to a GM Chevrolet service dealer or a Vauxhall dealer because Antara parts are suitable for Captiva.Also try this link :-http://www.genuinepartsearch.co.uk/

The world doesnt revolve around eBay. Simply have to search beyond.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2013 ltz series 2 ! Get no high pitch noise from any sensors ! And can't find a fuse , where is the control box for the sensors ? Any help would be great thanks !

·
Registered
396 Posts
spyder said:
Put the car in reverse with the ignition on, engine not running
, put your ear against each sensor. You should hear a buzzing from each. If none are buzzing, it is the system further back. If only a single one is not buzzing, then that is where your problem lies.

The buzzing will be quite high pitched. Each sensor is individually wired to the control box, so it is possible to have a dry joint in one as well.

I tried this, they are all silent, i only hear the beeping varning from inside of the car.
does anyone know how to detach the sensor?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I spoke too soon, the final sensor started working again however now light is back on and nothing from the sensors. Hopefully it is weather related and everything will sort itself out again.
The sensor control box is behind the rear offside quarter panel more or less right below where the join is of the washer pipe.

·
Registered
2013 Captiva 2.2 VCDi LT manual
9 Posts
I have a pre facelift 2013 Captiva LT. my reverse warning fault light comes on and beeps. it started intermittently now it on permanent. where is the module indicated and does anyone know which fuse it is please. thank you

·
Super Moderator
6,995 Posts
taffjones88 said:
where is the module indicated and does anyone know which fuse it is please. thank you

Colin gave the location in his post (above). "Thesensorcontrolbox is behind the rear offside quarterpanelmore or less right below where the join is of thewasher pipe".

I cant advise which fuse unfortunately as I dont have Hand Book info on your model. Have a look and see if your handbook can identify.

·
Registered
Captiva 2013, 2.2
2 Posts
Hi, I'm having very similar problem, I am getting the beeps, my beeps consist of 6 beeps, but each beep is a very rapid 3 tones if that makes sense.
I only have 3 sensors, right, left & centre.
The problem started off as intermittent, but no apparent reason as to when it would show or clear, now the warning light is on permanently.
I've had the bumper off and cleaned and dried all sensors and sprayed all connections I can see around there with WD40, no obvious damage to wiring.
Is it a case of replacing all 3 sensors??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts