Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tempted to buy an aftermarket kit from ebay for parking sensors. I wondered if anyone else had a go fitting them to their tizzy and what lessons were learned ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know how to get the front passenger speaker out of the dashboard. The manual I have assumes that all front speakers are in the doors but mine are in front of windscreen. I have decided to fit the sensors but need a cable run from front of vehicle to rear and the speaker cutout would provide access without the need to to drill close to windscreen.

I have removed the glove box (6 screws) and that reveals the underside of dashboard to some extent but such a tangle of metal and plastic in there that I cant see the speaker mounts.

Anyone taken their's out (without damage) ? If so please enlighten me as to the correct path ....

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
That's okay Mark - you can step down now. :) At least you found it.
With something like 10 years worth of posts the Advanced Search function is a very useful Tool of the Forum which is sadly not used sufficiently by Forum Members.
Your Search was also assisted by the sensible use by Jasta of giving the Topic a title which related to the Topic being discussed. It is when we get posts simply saying 'Help' that messes up any hope of the Topic being quickly identified.
As for your parking sensors I guess the success of these is careful positioning. Possibly the kit will give an indication of scan angle. It is a happy balance of finding the correct position on the rear 'curves' . Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts