Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am having problems with reverse parking sensors they have gone crazy bleeping all the time can anyone tell me how to correct or disconnect them and bleeper. thanks

·
Registered
997 Posts
Sound like you have a fault. To check where the problem lies, turn on the ignition until the dash lights illuminate, then pull the handbrake on and off 3 times within 10 seconds- if it's a sensor, there will be between one and 4 beeps from offside to nearside, ie, 3 beeps is the inner nearside sensor. I had it too- it took the dealer 3 goes under warranty to sort it. Best of luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have fitted a switch in mine so i can turn them off when hooking upthe caravan.the control box is to the left of the steering wheel at the bottom of the dash.fittted switch in centre console

·
Registered
380 Posts
seems to be a common problem with chevrolet fitted revrsing sensors, 2 people i know here have the same problem.....

happy motoring all

·
Registered
997 Posts
K.L.Richards said:
bigiainw... where do you get all this info from
I had a similar fault and since Chevy appeared to be hopeless (it wasn't just appearances, let me tell you...) I found the means to diagnose this myself!

It's in the GM Chevy manual whichI don't have access to at all ever

Iain

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi pete,Hope I am not too late for you, but on my orlando I can configure the beepers from the screen to turn off or on, the cars cannot be that different.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My rear parking sensors also started to play up yesterday.

5 bursts of beeps every time i put the car into reverse.

I tried the 3 handbrake trick posted by bigiainw (thanks), it done 6 beeps instead of the 1-4 as expected.

I am assuming this means my rear sensors are OK?!?

Does anyone know what 6 beeps means??

·
Registered
997 Posts
It means it's all fecked! Seriously, if that's the case, it usually means water in the sensors. I took my rear bumper off, dried out the sensors and then refitted usung lots of WD40- no more problem.

Iain

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ive had two of the sensors replaced and the wiring loom. The sensors were covered by warranty direct but they wouldnt cover the loom and the stealer reckoned they can often go too so I paid the extra just in case.

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes ours are doing the same...3 beeps everytime it goes into revearse....plus the airbag light is on...plus when i opened the car the other day the horn sounded twice!!
Turbo done...whats next!! :-(

·
Registered
997 Posts
The horn sounding is an alarm issue. No idea what 4 beeps x 4 is, unless you did if 4 times and every time it beeped 4 times, which means the outside drivers side sensor is the problem. 3 beeps on going into reverse points to a reversing sensor issue too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
<DIV id=C9O0SEAP align=left>More than 4 beeps probable means more than 1 sensor is faulty.

<DIV align=left>

<DIV align=left>Note from below the sequence is repeated twice!!

<DIV align=left>

<DIV align=left>Hope the following help ALL.

<DIV align=left>

<DIV align=left>Cheers

<DIV align=left>Grant

<DIV align=left>

<DIV align=left>

<DIV align=left>

<DIV align=left>Sensor Error Alarm Pattern

<DIV =T1 align=left>If the sensor circuit fault is not detected, control module will ring the normal alarm(1 time for 0.3 second).

<DIV =T1 align=left>If the sensor circuit fault is detected, the alarm pattern will follow the table below according to the faulty sensor circuit.

<DIV =T1 align=left>Left Corner Sensor

<DIV =T1 align=left>Left Middle Sensor

<DIV =T1 align=left>Right Middle Sensor

<DIV =T1 align=left>Right Corner Sensor

<UL>
<LI>1 cycle is 3 seconds.
<LI>The alarm will perform the above sequence for 2 cycles.
<LI>If the fault is detected in several sensors, the control module will repeat the alarm pattern twice for the faulty sensors, following the order (Left Corner †' Left Middle †' Right Middle †' Right Corner).</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There
Glad some one else had the 6 beep response. I am living in Cyprus so no easy access to 'good' auto electricians or 'knowledgeable' auto mechanics.
My parking sensors packed up during the long 'dry' summer so water ingress not a problem. Even if it had been due to water ingress during washing it would have dried out by now.
Fault displayed by - warning lamp on when ignition switched on and 3 beeps, repeated 3 times when car placed in reverse. The hand brake trick produced 3 rapid beeps repeated 6 times.
I cannot find a fuse for this system?
Did you manage to resolve your problem which you reported had also produced 6 beeps?
Regards

·
Registered
476 Posts
garyndawn said:
yes ours are doing the same...3 beeps everytime it goes into revearse....plus the airbag light is on...plus when i opened the car the other day the horn sounded twice!!
Turbo done...whats next!! :-(
The horn sounding tells you the alarm has been triggered while you have been away. I got quite used to it, in my case Ihave pulled the plug on the internal sensor.

·
Registered
997 Posts
3 beeps is the inside drivers side sensor. What I did to confiirm for myself was to swap the suspect sensor with another. If its the sensor at fault then the beeps will change to indicate the new position and all you have to do is replace the duff sensor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have the same issue but when i do the hand brake test i have NO beeps at allbut when i put car into reverse i have continuous beeeeeeeeeeeep anyone have any ideas. i have removed sensors and cleaned them and sprayed them etc but it makes no difference

·
Registered
10 Posts
magic dragon said:
I have fitted a switch in mine so i can turn them off when hooking up the caravan.the control box is to the left of the steering wheel at the bottom of the dash.fittted switch in centre console
How do you do that or is it done by dealer? When I ordered the car I thought that, like my Volvo there would be an on/off switch for when I too caravan.

·
Registered
997 Posts
andy23537 said:
i have the same issue but when i do the hand brake test i have NO beeps at all
but when i put car into reverse i have continuous beeeeeeeeeeeep anyone have any ideas. i have removed sensors and cleaned them and sprayed them etc but it makes no difference

Wouldn't seem to be a sensor issue then- could be wiring or the control module.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts