Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Had the air bag light come on again. Wiggled the wires under the driver seat and it flicked off and came back on and has stayed on.
It was fine after the last very short drive and no bumps or rough roads or water ingress.

Fault codes showed as the drivers seat and passenger curtain airbag. Clearing the faults removed the drivers seat from the equation.

I stared stripping the front covers and trim but now assume that the plugs are in or towards the rear of the car.

Anyone had a similar fault and where to start looking for the problem? Again the fault on the seats are all cleared.
It is a series 1 seven seater 2.0l diesel.

Thank you.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Don't know about the Mk 1 but on mines the airbag connectors are on the underside of the seat. The other part of the SRS is the seatbelt pre-tensioners, offhand I forget whether the connectors for these are under the windscreen pillar trim panels or under the B pillar trim panels.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Than ks for the reply. The seat connectors and pre-tensioners are fine-no fault-code. It is the curtain one in the roof lining, after looking at one on ebay, I assume that the connectors are in the boot and run down the D or C pillars. Will strip them tomorrow and have a look.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now fixed.......
I found the connector at the rear of the car between the headliner and the D pillar cover. From there there it goes down into the floor and along the passenger sill into the NS passenger foot-well ( a pink and purple/wht wire).
The resistance on the airbag disconnected was 1.9 oms, so no problem there, with it plugged in again it went up to 4.3, as shown on the opcom reading as well.

I traced the wire all the way along the sill, found another connector in the sill for the seat and they both continues into a very large plug at the base of the A pillar (it seem to be bolted together) cleaned that with electrical cleaner, wiggled it a bit and no more light. Cleared the fault and no DTS's or light. All the resistances on all airbags were the same now for all corresponding sets.

Interestingly when I unplugged the roof airbag at the rear and read the codes, it came up with a disconnected airbag, so pointed to a high resistance (as per the code), rather than a broken wire.

Spent the next hour replacing trim, rubber, screws and replacing broken clips.

·
Super Moderator
6,457 Posts
Good Fix and useful feedback for others in the future. Well done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts