Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did not find anything searching this forum.
the front passenger window switch is not working.
has anyone got the PN# for this? its a 2012 2nd gen 2.4 gasoline auto.
I have not looked into it yet, but on my previous Hyundai, I had to take off the door liner, undo about 30 screws to get to the window switch, when on my C4 Citroen, only 1 screw and 3 minutes to replace the switch, including walking back to the house to get the keys to the car.
thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called the dealer, gave the guy my registration number, he gave me a quote for 38 euros, I asked if he can give me the PN#, he said that there are several switches, and I have to come over to take it apart so they could know which one to order.
so I took the door liner off at home, pulled out the switch and the pn# is 202005438.
tried to look for it on line, apparently, this pn# is not common, very little results and with prices the same as the dealers quote for a second hand one.
will order from the dealer.
taking the door liner off is not complicated, but the electrical connectors are a pain in the butt to take off with not much access. the mechanical connectors comes off very easy and snap back to place easily enough.
all the cars that I took off the door liner, the locking mechanism and the door handle, where separated from the liner, so no mechanical connectors to undo, this car is different.
previous cars were from last to first (need to wake up my memory): Hyundai I30 FD, Citroen C4 mk2, Fiat Ducato, Citroen Visa club. the last one was over 25 years ago so my memory could be wrong.

Reactions: ches

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed at zero cost
I was waiting for my daughter in the car, took the back rest of the passenger seat down, opened the sunroof blinder to see the sky and maybe catch a glimpse at a star or two.
ignition off, radio is on, suddenly I noticed that the driver's window switches are illuminated and all the rest are not.
took a look and found out that the back windows are disabled.
enabled the back windows and all window switches are back on.
this is the first car that I owned, that the disable window switch turns off also the passenger window switch.
saved myself 40 Euros, gasoline and time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts