Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys...I am trying to find:

1. Nearside wing mirror indicator (correct size)
2. Nearside wing mirror motor with all fitments to attach to glass (internal motor to adjust the mirror)
3. A decent workshop manual in English (either digital or old fashioned manual)

I am based in Wales and any supplier I could contact for any of the above would be awesome....

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter....

·
Super Moderator
6,994 Posts
There are numerous previous posts concerning replacing the indicator strip, likewise how to disassemble mirror glass.
Use the Forum Search Function to read up.
Go to three white dots top right in black header bar, select Advanced Search, enter Topic ( ie wing mirror) > leave member name blank> select Captiva.
Mirror parts are available on the internet. You have to hunt for them. Also try online Breakers Yards.
NO retail owner workshop manual is available so you can cross that off your list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the wing mirror situation sorted.....I bought a whole nearside wing mirror from a vehicle dismantler and pulled the thing apart...so now I have new wing mirror indicator, new adjustment motor and all fitted and working as it should...

I even have a spare wing mirror carcass that I could get resprayed, wing mirror glass as a spare and the spare motor for the wing mirror to fold in.....all for £95 :D:D

All I am looking for now is a workshop manual, in English, for the car....so onward I go through the search facility of this site....

·
Super Moderator
6,994 Posts
KBB, Good outcome on the wing mirror - Well done.
The Workshop manual of Chevrolet was always closely guarded by the dealerships. No one it would appear has found anything like a Haynes manual.
There have been links to some Russian sites with TIS info they were mostly for Series 1 so might be suitable for you. The set back has been the link isnt aways accessible :(. Previous links to Autocats no longer link either(n)
Good luck with your search.

ps: I've just managed to open this link TIS Chevrolet Captiva (Шевроле Каптива) BUT be careful it is an unsecure site, so make sure you have sound antivirus or other blocking function loaded on your computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts