Chevrolet Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Captiva LTZ 58 plate and the windscreen washers are dreadful. The water trickles out and comes about two or three inches up the windscreen. I have to keep pressing continuously in this weather to get the screen clear and the tanks is empty very quickly.

My local garage has checked it, blown out all of the hoses and ensured that there are no blockages. It is no better and thye havesuggestedthat it could be the pump that is on its way out. I do not want to go to the expence of a new pump, find it is still no better and be told "that is as good asit gets".

It has nothing to do with the cold weather as it has been like this since I bought the car.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Axel

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mine are fine and I don't think I'm unique the garage are feeding you bull because of there inadequacy's to fix them. [or you do need a new pump].

·
Registered
997 Posts
Big Al said:
Mine are fine and I don't think I'm unique the garage are feeding you bull because of there inadequacy's to fix them. [or you do need a new pump].
+1 on that Al, mine have been great and a fill of the reservoir lasts for ever, and when it gets low the light comes on and tells you!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine are the same axel, thougt that was just the norm but looking at the comments, might try and get it sorted while its still under warranty

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haggismuncher said:
Mine are the same axel, thougt that was just the norm but looking at the comments, might try and get it sorted while its still under warranty
Unfortunately mine is well out of warranty so I will be very interested to know what your dealer says.

Axel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

just recently I bought Captiva and found out the problem, that the front windscreen washers works very poorly, but the rear just fine. The strange thing I noticed, that front washers started to work fine when I opened the hood.
So I found out, that when I close the hood, it blocks the hose of washers. The problem I solved very easily - I took a quite big nut, and putted it near the hose, under the plastic which covers this hose very near the front window. You should notice it easily. So now the nut doesn't let for the hood to block the hose.

Hope this might help 4 U 2 and will cost nothing : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts