Chevrolet Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I need some urgent help please.
My fuel flap wont release even after unlocking the car many times.
I need to get access to the fuel flap from inside the boot compartment without damaging the plastic trim.
Please can someone offer advice as I need to fill my tank up as Im on reserve already.\Any urgent help would be appreciated

·
Registered
857 Posts
The flap is locked by an actuator which works in cunjunction with the door lock system Listen at the flap area while operating the unlock button to see if you can hear the solenoid clicking. If you don't hear anything you may have a blown fuse, check the inside fuse box fuse is marked F/DOOR LOCK.

Sometimes the little plastic lanyard attached to the tank cap gets trapped when you close the flap and stops the flap from springing open. If that has happened you need to press the flap in hard then release while operating the door unlock button.

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
This is an existing Topic which you'll find here :- Fuel cap cover locked.
Victors suggestions are best initial approach. Come back and advise if resolved or not.

As a new Forum Member the following link has some useful tips, especially using the forum Search function and how to complete your Sign-Up World location which was left blank (the Forum system believes you to be in South Africa?) and how to include vehicle details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
Many thanks for the advice.
I was able to open the flap gently using a screwdriver.
Sprayed come Q20 into actuator and its all working perfectly again now.
It must have been dirt that was clogging it up
Many thanks again

·
Super Moderator
7,219 Posts
Jon, Are you the same member as that Registered as JonnoC ??? Jon registered three months ago and JonnoC registered two days ago.

Helpful Guidance here:- Helpful Guidance Using the Forum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts